PDA

View Full Version : Dave Smith :: Artist Profile

PaulHellard
10-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey there,

Barbara Robertson talked to Dave Smith, fresh from his work on 'Eagle Eye' as Digital Effects Supervisor. His career spans from Boss Film in LA, back when CG was being tested for movie effects. Once he finishes one great project, he is always happy to go onto something better and more challenging. Click for the story, come back to comment.

http://features.cgsociety.org//images/plugs/feature/dave_fp.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=4743)

phoenix
10-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Now this is Nice !

Thanks

Regards

Malanjo
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Nicely done Paul!:thumbsup:

Great resources here!

best,
-malanjo

maxspider3000
10-22-2008, 12:53 PM
stunning story, enjoying all of it ...
I really like how did he go through all of this to become what he is now, this is story gives you a greet power to be something ...

hope he will be happy with his wife and the little 2 years old daughter, how cute ^^

Ammarkk
10-23-2008, 08:24 AM
This is so nice Paul,thanks alot.

Staszek
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Most impresive! Espetially like Beowulf where the everything fits exacly to legend style and where task was full cg movie. I saw that film hundred times :) , study every keframe and every time i just want to see it again and again;)

Very inspiring work exerience story,

vfx
10-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I went and saw this on my own as no one was really interested.. I have to say at times I did almost nod off, but when the final chase gets going - wow was I on the edge of my seat! The fx guys did an awesome job and really made me believe the whole sequence - very original too i think. Great job! :)

morenike
10-26-2008, 03:27 PM
after watching those films i shook my head and wanted to say thank you so someone. So thank you for being part of something that brought me so much joy. I appreciated the efforts of everyone involved.

asnsys
11-01-2008, 11:04 AM
This Articles Really boosting the inspiration. Thank you very much,
I always wanted to take challenges in vfx projects. but my colleagues doing simple stuff and getting good score. From that i was thinking, never take challenging project anymore, but this article taught me a good lesson, that Weight of challenge will the the weight of success.

-Shafeek-
-VFX Student-

CGTalk Moderation
11-01-2008, 11:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.