PDA

View Full Version : After effects, mpeg rendering help....

joe_snow_jr
06-10-2003, 06:23 PM
im looking to render mpeg movies directly from after effects.
i cant find jack on the net about plugins or utilities.
i can however render them directly out of premiere but that is not what i need to do
im looking for anything that will give me the ability to render mpeg 2 (or 1 but 2 prefered) straight out of ae

anyone got any clues

help GREATLY appreciated
Thanks in advance
Joe Snow

FabioMSilva
06-10-2003, 07:26 PM
yes thats easy. but u need to install the codecs 1st. then in composition/make movie menu select the output u want(mpeg2, xvid divx whatever), and then its done.

the codecs should be pretty easy to locate, dunno why u cant find them. try here its a very good start to star looking for them

www.divx.com (http://www.divx.com)

arvid
06-12-2003, 09:45 PM
not just that easy.. divx is easy, and it's an mpeg-type codec, but it's not actual mpeg 1 or 2, there's no codecs for them, you need to buy a license to encode mpeg, I suppose that was included in your Premiere package. Bottomline, however, is that there is no way to render to mpeg from afterfx, you have use a second application either way, so you might as well use Premiere for that.

skidd
06-13-2003, 02:15 AM
what's your propouse to do? storage?
see in google.com the morgan mjpeg, it's a good type of MJPEG files, if you see to make a nice mpeg1 or 2, i dont recommendate to use directly after. use another program, like TMPGenc or Cleaner.

my english is so sux :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.