PDA

View Full Version : WIP Demo reel

gauravratra
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone!!!

This is my Animation Demo reel 2008 which is still in process..... I would like 2 know if its coming out good....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjf82OAYT8I

Open for critique

Regards

GR

pearblossom
10-27-2008, 02:11 AM
hi there,

i agree w/the youtube comment to put the sound clip first. and probably you don't need to show the lamp jumping as many times, unless there is more to it..

gauravratra
11-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey Pear blossom.....

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll do it right a way.

I wanted to ask you people two things.....

1. Should I put the lip sync as soon as my demo reel starts(I mean before you see my name in the demo reel)......... that you see this lip sync and then my Demo reel starts ??

2. I have some of my production work which I want to incorporate as well, Do I have to mention the name of the show , the Production company and the studio I worked for.... Though I have already mentioned this all information in my resume?

Thanks in advance

regards

GR

pearblossom
11-02-2008, 11:42 PM
hi gauravatra,

answer to #1: it's up to you. i think the best way to decide is look at a bunch of peoples' demo reels and see what you like and what works for you. Generally the contact info is at the beginning or the end. As for the work itself, the rule of thumb is to begin and end the reel with your strongest work, and only put your best stuff on it.

for #2: For the production work on your reel, the most important thing is to say what *your* role in the shot was--if you only did the animation, or lighting, or whatever, then make that clear. One thing that people do is make a separate list of the shots on their reel and say what they did for each shot. Other people incorporate it into the reel. Again, probably the best thing to do is look at some other reels for reference..

hope that helps. :)

gauravratra
11-07-2008, 03:56 AM
Hey Pearblossom

Thanks a lot for the brief.... that was really helpful ...........

New Updated version:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=mnOBL5TiZJ8

Waiting for comments and critique

GR

CGTalk Moderation
11-07-2008, 03:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.