PDA

View Full Version : Modelling Abandoned/Desolate Buildings

Digitalguy
10-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Hello Everyone ,

Can Anyone Give me advice on Modelling Buildings in general particulary - Abandoned Buildings . I would consider myself a beginner. I have only been using Max on/off for around 3 months. I have a fairly good understanding of the simple tools. I would like to set myself a project that will mainly consist of buildings. If anyone has any knowledge about environmental design containing Buildings please post as I would like to see what someone from that area can teach me.

I have little or no knowledge with texturing as I have not had the time. As I browsed through threads of buildings I could see that texturing plays a big role in the overall look in terms of the style of the buildings for example If it is a broken down urban house the textures are dirty and grimy and so on.

Has anyone got any tutorials on Buildings ( Run down houses - Broken glass etc ) ? If you got any tips on starting out with buildings. I have common knowledge on how to start as I have done buildings in the start but not to the quality of portfolia stuff lol.

If you have read this . Thanks very much for taking the time. Any advice is better then none at all.

Thanks ,

Digitalguy

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2008, 12:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.