PDA

View Full Version : PFlow Galaxy

Piflik
10-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I am trying to create a Galaxy using PFlow. For this I have created a rotating PFlow Source that creates two spiraling arms of particles. The Particles then proceed to a new event to prevent them from moving further away from the center. In this new event a "Shape Facing" and an animated "Scale" operator make them big in the middle of the Galaxy and small on the outer rim (Star Wars reference intended :D). To prevent the particles from getting smaller during animation, they are sent to another event.

Everything looks fine, when rendered at frame 0, however, the problem is, that the particles are not facing the camera anymore, when it moves.

Is there a way to get them face it again, while inheriting the scale they got in the previous event or, if not, an alternative to the animated "Scale" operator to give them the right shape?

PsychoSilence
10-19-2008, 12:14 AM
http://www.3d-palace.com/xenomorphic/education/doc_galaxy.htm

DE: versuch das tutorial mal! sollte eine max datei beiliegen.

ENG: try yhis tutorial. shoudl have a max file included.

Piflik
10-19-2008, 12:33 AM
I know that Tutorial, but I want to create a galaxy that is usable in an animation.

The Image attached shows where I'm at right now. (about 5000 particles)

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2008, 12:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.