PDA

View Full Version : Animation mixer offset map problem

Madis Laiapea
10-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I have problems setting up continuos walkcycle for my character with offset map. The problem is - after i set offset maps for hips and legs, it offsets a character and at first everything seems nice, but as soon as i start to preview offset animation clip there is ongoing offset happening between hips and legs - it becomes even clerarer visually to see if i great more cycles from offseted clips with adding *cid ( cycle id ) to xfo-s. Somehow the global transition of the hip controller in Y axis is growing progressively and foot controls also
start to loose their original distance from each other. So after 10 cycles my character is walking higher and higher in the air with footsteps rhythm also messed up.

I know the original clip is ok because I extra checked that all start and end keys are identical. The rig I use is created with biped guide.

Anybody had similar issues and how to solve them? Or am i missing some little but important step for offset maps to work properly???

Thanks in advance,

Madis

toonafish
10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
This sounds familiar. Did you use the default biped guide to create a rig ? I ran into this same problem with the XSI default rig. That's why I never use it anymore, it's slow and buggy.

Madis Laiapea
10-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Yes its the default rig. I found a partial solution - copyed my walkcycles first frame, pasted it in the end of the cycle and with the help of ghosting, translated it in the end position with global transform. Strange thing is - after that last step there is really a big difference in local values in Y direction and that also reflects in the fcurves in fcurve editor, so it is not possible to make seamless cycle. ( although in the vieport the Y position is still the same ). Yeah maybe this is happening because default rig is buggy.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2008, 11:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.