PDA

View Full Version : Help on Volume lights using compositing!

FabioMSilva
06-10-2003, 12:29 PM
i need to create a bunch of realistic volume lights coming from the ceiling using one of these compositing softwares: "AE5.5" or "combustion2"
is there anyway? i tried everything but i cant find it. AE5.5 says it has lights but i cant get them to work.

In the extras of final fantasy the spirits within i saw them adding all the flashlights and volume lights (i kinda need flashlights too) in compositing. Were they rendered in a 3d software or was digital fusion that did that? IF so how can i do lights in a compositing software?! im goin nutz!

:beer: too much beer makez me dizzy

Ian Jones
06-10-2003, 01:36 PM
I am not sure if either program has volume lights. I am also guessing that with Final Fantasy they composited the flashlights / volume lights. So they probably rendered the volume lights as a separate file then composited them into the other rendered sequences. The most likely reason for this and the way I am justifying my guess is that they wanted greater control over how the volume lights looked in the final scene, so they chose to use the flexibility of post-editing. It would take ages to tweak the settings of each light and volume effect and re-render. Once again, time and money come into play.

Why do you need to use Combustion ot AE to make volume lights? The logical method would be to go back to your 3d app and render them there. Otherwise... I can't think of an easy solution.

GrantKay
06-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Hi,

There is a plugin called "Shine" by trapcode.

IT will create your volumetic lighting when applied to the layer. This works in combustion or AFX

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

FabioMSilva
06-10-2003, 05:38 PM
yes i use shine but it isnt what im looking right now. I need a really strong volulme light. Guess ill just render it on 3dsmax then.

bjoern
06-13-2003, 11:50 AM
look @ www.frischluft.com (http://www.frischluft.com)

plugin: Flair --> Volumetrics

regards
bjoern

FabioMSilva
06-13-2003, 05:10 PM
thats one cool plugin u told me bj, but i think its a bit too similar to shine so i wont spend my money on it.
Still i was able to do the lights i wanted, but not the way i wanted unfortunatly. oh well..any way fellows, thanx for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.