PDA

View Full Version : Initial State in Realflow as in Maya

braam
06-10-2003, 01:16 PM
I used to set the particle (dynamics) as initial state in other frame to start the current state of particle at the beginning.

But how can I do it in Realflow 2.0? I locked the first frame to fill the glass with fluid then unlock it to simulate.

But everytime when I want to re-simulate, I have to re-fill the glass with fluid just before simulation. I want to re-simulate straight from the filled glass.

Any idea will be appreciated.

Cheers
Braam

onlooker
06-11-2003, 05:57 AM
Maybe I dont have to search. Your in Initial State now so maybe you can answer this. I am trying to save Initial State on a scene, and every time I go to the beginning of my time my state keeps going to where it was before I saved it. What the heck?? What? Did I screw up my prefrences or something?

I am not sure why it wont save. Any ideas???

To be a little more clear it's just a particle grid with a field on it to randomize it.

onlooker
06-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by onlooker
Maybe I dont have to search. Your in Initial State now so maybe you can answer this. I am trying to save Initial State on a scene, and every time I go to the beginning of my time my state keeps going to where it was before I saved it. What the heck?? What? Did I screw up my preferences or something?

I am not sure why it wont save. Any ideas???

To be a little more clear it's just a particle grid with a field on it to randomize it.

Ok, If any other idiots (like myself) are having a problem saving initial state in Maya (nothing to do with Braam's problem (sorry) ) check your start playback time. I kept hitting the back to beginning button, (|<<) but it was set to go back to 1.25 or something insignificant, and once I returned to 0.00 I was indeed going to where I wanted my initial state set. Odd note: Weirdly enough if you do go to 1.25, not 0.00 you will get your original grid. Which is probably why I didn't notice it, because 1.25 is obviously past the point of 0.00, and would seem to be 1.25 seconds past the saved state point which should have been scattered at 0.00.. Get what I mean? Doesn't matter... :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.