PDA

View Full Version : how to realize a hubble telescope nebula with pflow?

aphexx
10-17-2008, 01:14 AM
hi, i asked this question also at cgarena.com but perhaps here is also a place for it.
i'm searching for a way to create a pflow system that emulates space nebula behaviour like in the reference i attached.
i use this theme currently for my beautiful challenge entry (http://www.cgarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58244#58244).
i'm using pflow and afterburn, and my results are not that good.

currently it is one pflow system emitted by geometry.

but my picture lacks all the nifty additional fogs and dusts all around the cloud. i know the lighting is different, and i will renew it.
my question is, how would you realize the small and sometimes sharp fogs around the big solid cloud?

would you arrange it by a single p flow system, with very tricky size and nested direction instructions? and then do very small afterburn puffs(well for the top fogs i mean)?
or would you do single fogs?

all in all its a bit frustrating, because the behaviour with "size by particle age" is a bit hard to estimate.
anyhow, how would you solve the situation?

thank you in advance!

Glacierise
10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
I'd do that with Krakatoa ;)

JonathanFreisler
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM
^ what Glacie said. Also i would set up quite a few pflow/Ab/fume setups and comp them all together to get the end result, its not going to be a single setup and wham - end result.

aphexx
10-18-2008, 11:53 AM
hi there,
thx for your answers so far!
since i do not have krakatoa this possibility is not given to me,
but i think with pflow and afterburn i'd be also able to solve this job?
i have another question about it.

so i want to make this scene animatable for a camera to fly through,. my idea was to create a pflow that starts at frame -20 and ends moving and emmiting at frame 0, then it should stay as is.

how would the pflow should look like in order to behave like this? currently i'm not able to stop the system to halt at frame 0
or is the way i want to solve the prob just wrong?

thank you in advance!
sascha

Glacierise
10-19-2008, 10:22 AM
You can just add an age test at the required time, and stop all particles, either with the stop freebie from orbaz, or just speed=0 and spin=0. On the shading side - you should use several afterburns, and light them carefully to get these nice rims. You can also fly through it when it's volumetric.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2008, 10:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.