PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Introduces NVIDIA Quadro CX - THE Accelerator for Adobe Creative Suite 4

LiaisonPDX
10-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Today NVIDIA introduced its new accelerator for Adobe® Creative Suite® 4 software, the NVIDIA® Quadro® CX. This new GPU provides creative professionals with a faster, better, more reliable way to maximize their creativity. Quadro CX was architected to deliver the best performance for the new GPU-optimized features of Adobe Creative Suite 4.

“Adobe is at the forefront of the Visual Computing Revolution,” said Dan Vivoli, executive vice president of marketing at NVDIA. “CS4’s GPU features are sending shockwaves through the creative industry.”

“Photoshop users are always looking for maximum performance, and we recognized that tapping into the power of the GPU is one way to give it to them,” said Kevin Connor, vice president of product management for Professional Digital Imaging at Adobe. “Thanks to NVIDIA’s efforts to optimize the Quadro CX product for CS4, users can be assured of a dramatically fast and fluid experience on tasks such as panning, zooming, and rotating large images as well as manipulating 3D content.”

NVIDIA specifically designed and optimized the Quadro CX to enhance the performance of Adobe Creative Suite 4 product line and meet the unique needs of the Creative Suite 4 professional. Adding NVIDIA Quadro CX to the pipeline gives creative professionals a faster, better, and more reliable experience. With NVIDIA Quadro CX users can encode H.264 videos at lightning-fast speeds with the NVIDIA CUDA™-enabled plug-in for Adobe Premiere® Pro CS4, RapiHD™ from Elemental Technologies; accelerate rendering time for advanced effects; and accurately preview what deliverables will look like with 30-bit color or uncompressed 10-bit/12-bit SDI before final output*.

Adobe Creative Suite 4 software now has added optimization to take advantage of GPU technology, including the parallel processing capability in the Quadro CX CPU. These enhancements accelerate a number of visually intensive operations, including:
* Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 uses NVIDIA Quadro CX GPU to bring unprecedented fluidity to image navigation. The GPU enables real-time image rotation, zooming, and panning, and makes changes to the view instantaneous and smooth. Adobe Photoshop CS4 also taps the GPU for on-screen compositing of both 2D and 3D content, ensuring smoothly anti-aliased results regardless of zoom level. Brush resizing and brushstroke preview, 3D movement, high-dynamic-range tone mapping, and color conversion are also accelerated by the GPU.

* Adobe After Effects® CS4 now has added optimization features to accelerate a variety of creative effects, making it easier than ever to add graphics and visual effects to video, which allows the artist to quickly move from concept to final product and speeds up the workflow. Effects accelerated include depth of field, bilateral blur effects, turbulent noise such as flowing water or waving flags, and cartoon effects. NVIDIA Quadro CX takes advantages of these workflow enhancements.

* Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 can take advantage of Quadro CX to accelerate high-quality video effects such as motion, opacity, color, and image distortion. Quadro CX also enables faster editing of multiple high-definition video streams and graphic overlays and provides a variety of video output choices for high-quality preview, including DisplayPort, component TV, or uncompressed 10-bit or 12-bit SDI.

NVIDIA Quadro CX is available starting today, from leading resellers and retailers, for $1,999 USD. For more information on NVIDIA Quadro and the new Quadro CX, visit: www.nvidia.com/quadrocx (http://www.nvidia.com/quadrocx).
About NVIDIANVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla™ computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com/).

HamsaPaksham
10-16-2008, 10:08 PM
This is outrageous.

You have to buy another card to use CS products? 2000 US?
As if it werent outrageous enough to have to buy a Quadro to unlock hardware features that exists in ordinary cards.

heavyness
10-16-2008, 11:42 PM
well, you don't HAVE to buy it.

i hope they don't use the video card as a excuse if you complain CS4 runs slow. i hope CS4 takes advantage of current video cards, but gets an extra boost from this CX card.

combination
10-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Haahaaha daylight robbers these lot! So where do people who have QuadroFX cards fit in? I bought a Quadro 3700 last week. Tell me that I am understanding this all wrong. So a Quadro FX for Maya and then a Quadro CX for Adobe stuff? :wip:

PaulAdams
10-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Haahaaha daylight robbers these lot! So where do people who have QuadroFX cards fit in? I bought a Quadro 3700 last week. Tell me that I am understanding this all wrong. So a Quadro FX for Maya and then a Quadro CX for Adobe stuff? :wip:

Are you suggesting you wouldn't change cards based on the app you're using? Talk about lazy.

DuttyFoot
10-17-2008, 12:38 AM
i wouldn't say he is lazy, you have to think about the money thats being spent.

aglick
10-17-2008, 12:42 AM
It's ok guys...

It is my understanding that any nVIDIA GPU which supports CUDA will run the hardware accelerated toolsets in CS4 - with one exception.

I think the H.264/Blu-ray encoder is only available if you buy the CX - I think thats the primary difference between this card and a Quadro 4600...

Your hardware accelerated Photoshop rotation & AE/Premier DVE's should all work fine with any modern nVIDIA GPU.

Try it...
;)

Adam
BOXXlabs

combination
10-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Are you suggesting you wouldn't change cards based on the app you're using? Talk about lazy.

I am not a clown who will juggle cards in his system. If I have one up to date Nvidia pro level Quadro card in my system then that should be enough for CS4 apps as well.

combination
10-17-2008, 12:44 AM
It's ok guys...

It is my understanding that any nVIDIA GPU which supports CUDA will run the hardware accelerated toolsets in CS4 - with one exception.

I think the H.264/Blu-ray encoder is only available if you buy the CX - I think thats the primary difference between this card and a Quadro 4600...

Your hardware accelerated Photoshop rotation & AE/Premier DVE's should all work fine with any modern nVIDIA GPU.

Try it...
;)

Adam
BOXXlabs

Thanks for the info ;)

greyface
10-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Guys, PaulAdams was making a joke :), of course no one expects you to swap cards around. I'm pretty sure the quadro fx cards will be as fast as the cx cards, all 3d artists use photoshop, but photoshop artists dont necessarly use 3d, so it would make sense.

heavyness
10-17-2008, 01:55 AM
It's ok guys...

Try it...
;)

Adam
BOXXlabs

thank god. they should maybe say that in the press release.

cresshead
10-17-2008, 01:57 AM
this is starting to look like the old 'ice' cards for mac os/6 that had acceleration for photoshop filters..having a card developed for an app feels 'old school' and just abit odd.

okay so pshop is everywhere but having a photoshop enhanced video card just looks like
the proogramming of photoshop app has been rather 'lazy'...and now relies on specific
video card functions to get it more usable...

unless the add on chips/software is also usable for other apps is appears to many
that adobe got nvidia to bail them out of some poor coding.

Imhotep397
10-17-2008, 02:09 AM
It's kind of fricked up if you ask me...I mean people that just bought a Quadro 4600 (obviously expensive piece of hardware) pretty much got screwed since many of them also (the hardware at least) have some level of connection with image/film/video editing.

If you look at a company like RED camera at least if you want to purchase a RED Epic camera, but only the RED ONE is available now, RED will give you the full purchase price of the RED camera towards the purchase of the RED Epic when it's available if you purchase a RED ONE now. It's just high time customers started demanding fairness from these greedy ass companies, because it can be done and it's not going to financially destroy the company to be somewhat fair. This is probably the biggest downfall of not having much competition in the video card space. Hopefully, things will start to change when Larrabee is released and hopefully some other competition will emerge, God knows this industry needs it.

aglick
10-17-2008, 02:18 AM
wait. All the nifty new hardware acceleration in CS4 should work just fine with any newer nVIDIA card.

If you already have one, just install CS4 and go...

If you really need the AVCHD or DVC to BluRay hardware encoding plugin (which is pretty damn fast) from Elemental Technologies, then maybe it's worth buying the CX card...

Otherwise, no worries...

cresshead
10-17-2008, 02:24 AM
wait. All the nifty new hardware acceleration in CS4 should work just fine with any newer nVIDIA card.

If you already have one, just install CS4 and go...

If you really need the AVCHD or DVC to BluRay hardware encoding plugin (which is pretty damn fast) from Elemental Technologies, then maybe it's worth buying the CX card...

Otherwise, no worries...

it would also be a prudent and smarter move to introduce a 'add on card' option that JUST covers this much like the physix card did for people who have spent a ton of cash on a top of the line nvidia or ati card in their system.

in a related observation adobe just seem to be extreemly happy to charge 2.5 times the cost of their software for european users...i'll pass on their latest software for home use and just use it at work, there are other options anyway so your not tied to adobe if you don't like where they are heading.

cresshead
10-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Q. is this a windows only graphics card?

Spin99
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
I am not a clown who will juggle cards in his system. If I have one up to date Nvidia pro level Quadro card in my system then that should be enough for CS4 apps as well.But I thought everybody switched cards when they changed apps huh

Thanks for filling us in BOXXLABS you ppl rock.
So maybe what most CS4 users want to start with is CUDA support, not?
Then for H264 acceleration, OK I'll go spend the whole day reading specs again, just not today nahhh

mustique
10-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Judging from the specs,

this card is the almost 2 years old

Quadro FX 4600 just with a new plastic hood.

Nothing new here.

aglick
10-17-2008, 10:55 PM
**UPDATE** So, I was mistaken.

The Quadro CS is based on the new NV100 microarchitecture. It is basically a re-wrapped Quadro 4800 card and includes the Elemental Technologies Blu-Ray encoding software.

my bad...

JohnnyRandom
10-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Actually looks like a re-wrapped 5600, but cheaper, they spec the same (on nvidia's site)

CaptainObvious
10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Like winter's cold wind
the marketing speak kills me
I wish they would stop

There you go, my comment on this press release, in haiku form.

simoncheng
10-20-2008, 01:25 AM
look like have to start saving and looking more jobs to earn money for these gadget....

CIM
10-20-2008, 09:15 PM
This will go great with your Adobe mug and T-shirt.

cresshead
10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
This will go great with your Adobe mug and T-shirt.

at their prices adobe should GIVE a FREE mug!

cTennant
10-20-2008, 11:36 PM
don't worry ya'll. if you have questions, go check with an authority on the subject. Here
http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/cs4/

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2008, 11:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.