PDA

View Full Version : Problem with elephant walkcycle in 3ds max

Katharina82
10-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello,

I have made a walkcycle of an elephant (Bones + IK + Helpers) and the resultat don't looks like if I imagined it.

On the one hand it doesn't looks really realistic, but that isn't my main problem, rather the moment when the animation is restarting again. The first and the last keyframe of each bone is the same, but anyway you notice a little "break" or another word the animation "is getting stuck".

I think the problem are the form of the curves in the Curve Editor, but I wasn't able to correct it.

Hear you can download the max-file with the sceleton and the animation. Please, if anybody can give me a hint, what I can make better I would be very glad about that.

download 3dsmax-file (http://www.dannehl.biz/Elefante_Ani06_02.rar)

Katharina

Katharina82
10-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Please, is there anybody who can have a look at the file and should tell me, why you notice the break (loop) of the animation o how can I fix it?

Or is there anybody who know a good walkcycle tutorial for quadrupeds? This also could be a good help.

Thanks a lot, Katharina!

ErikSvensson
10-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Can you attach some pictures for us non-3ds-max people? Will be a lot easier to help out :)

The most common problem for looping stuff is that you end curves with ease out, even though they still keep travelling down or up. If your extreme position for every body part isn't on first and last frame you must make sure how the end is and make the beginning so it smooths into it.

Erik

Katharina82
10-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for your answer. In another forum I posted the same question and there they said that the problem can be the last frame. I mean if I play the animation with loop I have to exclude the last frame and exactly this was the problem. Very simple but efficiently.

Anyway thanks for your answer.

Greetings....Katha!

ErikSvensson
10-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh, yeah that problem. That's correct, you have to remove the last frame otherwise you get the same pose twice and you don't want that. I'm glad that you solved it, good luck with the future work and keep posting WIPs here :)

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2008, 10:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.