PDA

View Full Version : help with TornadoMan effect

davidjon
10-16-2008, 08:22 AM
i'm trying to make a simple "tornado man" animation where every limb is made up of a mini-tornado...
i've had good results with just PArray and some spacewarps(vortex)...
the problem arises when i begin animating the biped... the particles keep reacting to the biped's momentum/motion... is there a way to "bake-in" a particle system's animation? and make the particles(particle group) independent of the biped's motion? (NOTE: i grouped the particles and the spacewarps together...then linked the group to the biped limb.)

right now my only work-aropund to the problem is to animate the biped slowly... but speeding it up in AE would result in sped up particles...

thanks guys! :)

charleyc
10-17-2008, 01:26 AM
In the Object Motion Inheritance rollout of PArray, there is an influence spinner. Set this to adjust the amount the linked motion is used.

Locry
10-18-2008, 01:15 PM
ey, thanks for replying... i was the one who was asking the question... had my friend post it for me. anyway... i tried experimenting with the influence slider and stuff... same thing... they react waaaaaay too much... i'm guessing it's the velocity with which the system is linked to that's causing the unpredictable behaviour.

is there a way to "isolate" a particle system from the rest of the "world"?

charleyc
10-19-2008, 10:21 PM
That is essentially what Motion Inheritance is. At 0, the particles inherit none of the source motion, and at 100 it inherits all of it. So at 0 the system is totally local, as if it were sitting still in the scene.

Locry
10-20-2008, 09:56 AM
thanks... the thing is... if i set the inheritance to zero... and the parent motion is set too fast, the particles get left behind... is there a way to make the particles act like a solid object? thanks bro

charleyc
10-20-2008, 02:39 PM
You can try using a Space Warp to control the motion, but I think you may have to jump to Particle Flow, and preferable using Initial State that is part of Box1 or the 2009 creativity extension.

It may also help if you post a quick animation of what you are trying, and the problems you are getting.

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2008, 02:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.