PDA

View Full Version : looking for a plugin

iBlue
06-10-2003, 07:09 AM
What i really need is a plugin that can allow symmetry to be active in all view points from left to right. Basically symmetry only works along the X axis now, but i really need it to work on the Z axis aswell in a second view port (left or right view).

Anyone know of a plugin that can do this?:shrug:

(moved here on shade01's advice)

CTRL+X
06-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Just a thought,, never did this myself but,,,

What if you made an endomorph, rotated it so you had symmetry on the x axis as usual, then once you were done with your editing rotate the works back and then merged the morph with you base object.

I dunno, try it see if it works

iBlue
06-10-2003, 07:05 PM
well just having symmetry on the Z axis would be alot easier.. :hmm:

whattawa
06-10-2003, 08:10 PM
I haven't seen a plugin like that. On a couple of plugins we use in-house, our programmer made symmetry that worked across any axis. Unluckily, they were tool specific, but maybe someone can make one that is purely a symmetry tool. I'd volunteer except I don't program. :rolleyes:

iBlue
06-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Any chance of converting that plug? :bounce:

whattawa
06-11-2003, 01:04 AM
LOL, actually, it was for a specific plugin for a reason. The issue is when you want this symmetry to run like LW's symmetry runs. You would somehow have to have it run in the background while you run other plugins. Essentially, the easiest solution would be for Newtek to do it. Otherwise, someone will have to find a way to get around it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.