PDA

View Full Version : Animation Final WIP

jokerxel
10-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Early version of my Animation 1 final on the Norman rig using Maya 2008. Right now, only body and eye animation has been matched to reference footage. Lip sync will come soon. Critiques and comments are welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_Yo9cHNIQ

KyleG
10-16-2008, 03:08 PM
When he moves to screen left and puts his hand to his ear I would add a breakdown with more dip in it, so it feels like he is dipping down and raising up, right now he is just translating side to side with not much up/down.

mistasam02
10-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey Ex'pression guy! Cool! I agree with everything Kyle said. He's looking up and down a little too much.. it starts out good, but then it looks like he's watching a bouncing ball move screen-right. The audio makes it seem like he gets flustered, so you could have him do one of those ducks (head down, shoulders up, elbows out, as if he just broke a vase).. OR he could pretend like nothing happened and change his expression suddenly to a suave salesman kinda dude. At the end, whatever he's doing looks very strange, lol. Be sure that it makes sense and it isn't just filler. He could adjust his tie? I duno, but good start! Keep on postin! :D

at0mic
10-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Great use of video refrence. But becareful! I noticed you're pulling your timing directly from the footage. As a result your poses are floating, and aren't transitioning nicely. Mainly because you've forgotten to take into account some of the principles of animation primarily anticipations.... He doesn't anticipate before he moves into any of his poses. It's better to interpret the information you have than to mimic it. Charicature the poses. Push the cruves.. This is a very snappy dialogue.

keep it up dood!

-cheers

dmca
10-19-2008, 12:41 PM
great work.
maybe you could use same holds. don't leave the curves in spline straight after blocking your main poses, put same holds, eases. don't rely on the computer interpolations, construct your own.
keep it up. well done.

jokerxel
10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok, so it took a while to get this finalized version up, but here it is. Lip sync is added; a little more anticipation before main poses; the main poses are held for a lil longer. I just want to say thanks to everybody's input.

http://vimeo.com/2033453

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.