PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray Batch renderer questions

sinistar
06-10-2003, 04:30 AM
damn, Mental Ray is giving me problems. Im trying to batch render and im not sure if its using the dual processors for one. Also it says it is rendering but no matter what I do it will seem to render one frame and then say render completed. Then I go and check the images directory and there isn't even one file in there. Am I missing a step to render with Menta Ray batch render?

misterdi
06-10-2003, 07:11 AM
Is it on Maya 4.5 or Maya 5.0?

Also are you using image plane?, and does any of your texture using tiff file format?.

sinistar
06-10-2003, 01:33 PM
It is on 4.5 and I am using iff files.

And the only way it will render is through the preview render view,...

:hmm:

misterdi
06-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Strange, if you have sequence texture or sequence file for image plane, try removing it first.

But before doing that, check your renderlog, usually it's under C:\Document and Setting\your_user_name\maya.

See whether you got some clue in there.

Best regards,

mental
06-10-2003, 04:53 PM
heya sinistar,

here's a short checklist to make sure you've got everything in order:

- check your maya render globals and make sure that the path, file extensions and range of frames rendered are set correctly.

- also double check the path once again and see that the folder is valid.

- when rendering your cpu usage should be at 100%. if you're using 1 processor then the system will be at only 50%. (on NT/W2K/XP just hit ctrl+alt+del to bring up your task manager or DL a useful utility called Memspy off of highend3d in their global tools section. be sure to leave the default options on.)

- check to see that your scene contains valid surfaces and shaders and lights. Subd's won't render and neither will Maya's glow. i'm not even sure if Maya's default area light will render either (i might be wrong).

and that's all i can think of for right now.

good luck
-mental :surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.