PDA

View Full Version : mia_material_x_passes not storing photons.

eikonoklastes
10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi. I've set up a simple test scene with a glass object on a plane and a spotlight emitting caustic photons. Caustics is enabled in the Render Settings and the glass object has mia_material_x_passes applied to it with the Physical Glass preset applied.

The render repeatedly fails (by fails I mean finishes but without the desired result, i.e. no caustics are present in the render).

The Output Window shows the standard "no photons stored after emitting..." message.

When I switch the material to the old mia_material, the render works exactly as it should with no warning or error messages.

I want to use the passes material, because erm.. I want to use passes.

What am I missing?

MMighe
10-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Damn you're right... It seems that mia_x_passes shaders give some problems here and there.
Try with normal mia_x shaders and use the customColor passes to store everything in buffers, it works. In spare time i'm writing a little script to automatically create the passes for mia_x... and i hope to finish it soon :hmm:

octane52
10-16-2008, 12:21 PM
MMighe I hope you end this very interesting Script. It sound very useful.

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2008, 12:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.