PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to set the registration to be equal to a model's 'center'

dsdsdsdsd
10-14-2008, 11:48 PM
hello;

this is a follow up question to a question that I asked earlier, but I thought that it should get it's own thread ...

I have found in Blender how to identify a model's position via transformation properties panel( thanks handlebar );

now I would like to move the model's registration point, most preferably to the model's 'center', such as when you create a new mesh cube;

any thoughts?

thanks,
Shannon

Yecire
10-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Select your object, then press [Spacebar] and choose Transform > Center New. The button for this function can be found on the Mesh panel in the Editing buttons window.

dsdsdsdsd
10-15-2008, 02:19 AM
very nice - thank you;

Shannon

dsdsdsdsd
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
hello;

is there a way to move the registration point to any place;

specifically, can I snap the model's registration point to the midpoint of one of it's edges?

thanks,
Shannon

Yecire
11-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah, an objects Origin can be snapped to any point using the 3D Cursor.

In Edit mode select the edge, press [Shift+S] and choose "Cursor -> Selection". Then in Object mode, press [Spacebar] and choose Transform > Center Cursor.

dsdsdsdsd
11-12-2008, 06:08 PM
interesting - it worked;

again, thanks,
Shannon

Nifty
11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
can I snap the model's registration point to the midpoint of one of it's edges
Select edge in edit mode, move cursor there with Shift S, "Cursor -> Selection", switch to Object mode and > Center Cursor. The button for this function can be found on the Mesh panel in the Editing buttons window.

Whoops, to slow.

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.