PDA

View Full Version : Render alphas for ObjectIDs

McMaster
10-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi!
Is there a way to render an alpha for every single ObjectID-Layer? Rendering all ObjectIDs into a single imagesequence is of no worth for me as I always get the problem to "key" the different ObjectID-colors apart from each other. I get Anti-Aliasing-Problems then and the key takes quite much time.
There must be a sipler way to render different objects to different layers that can be easily extracted in post.
Yes, I know rpf but I haven't made any good experiences with it so far. They tend to lead to corrupted images and all.

scrimski
10-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Try the matte render element.

Glacierise
10-14-2008, 12:53 PM
If you are using mental ray, there's the awesome 'render subset of scene' shader, I use that all the time. You'll need at least Max 2008 for it. You can also try Lucashi's pass manager - it should be great.

DaveWortley
10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I only use pure selfilluminated Red, Green and Blue for masks.

I xRef Object my scene into a new file, apply materials to the xRef objects, then repeat until I've got masks for everything I have everything, I've developed a few tools to help this but it would be nice to have it automatically do it all on one render... :( but things like multimat and wirecolor etc don't have true antialiasing.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.