PDA

View Full Version : Displacement Map Error

digitalguest
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi.
I have been trying to improve some models on Zbrush that I did on XSI and everything seems to work fine till i bring back the Obj and the displacement map to XSI, the Geometry burst and is like a big mess of polygon. This is what i did, i did the basic mesh and exported from XSI as a OBJ, after that i did import that file into Zbrush, I did few subdivisions and after some tweaking i came back to my second level to have more faces in my basic model,(I deleted the lower subdivisions level). I exported again to XSI but created first my DP with smooth and MODE ON, and flipped it. Once in XSI i set the numbers of the Alpha depth Value that zbrush gave me. No luck at all, I dont know if Im missing one step or what but when i tried with basic geometry like Cubes it works perfect. Any tips or suggestion?

sorry for my english

thanks in advance.

greyface
10-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Did you set up your geometry approximation node properly for your object? Also make sure you use something like a change range in your render tree to tone the displacement down.

digitalguest
10-14-2008, 12:26 AM
yes i did, i used a change range in the render tree. and the way i did the setup was i imported an image (in this case the DP) then i connected it to the CHANGE RANGE then to the displacement, i did i too by importing the obj from XSI and importing it along with the DP at the same time so XSI takes care of the setup.

ekoTrue
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I know that using the Ultimapper in XSI tends to give better results than using Zbrush to create the Diplacement map.

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.