PDA

View Full Version : Selling license Modo 301/302 + 6 videos from Luxology

selfmadepixels
10-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi guys
due to new works in which the pipeline is extremely estabilished, i'm forced, not withou complain, to sell my license for Modo since i will not have time to develop my skills on it as i wanted.
If someone is interested, here are the specs:

Modo 301 (upgraded to 302)
Videotutorials
In Focus
The Alley
Seahorse
Spotlight
Cartoon Kid
Concept car

Please, contact me at this address (http://forums.cgsociety.org/nellibus@gmail.com)

Absinthe-Graphics
10-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Did You check that with luxology? As far as I know, Modo licenses are not transferable !?

selfmadepixels
10-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Did You check that with luxology? As far as I know, Modo licenses are not transferable !?

Yes, i checked it...and it's more than frustrating since a lot of software licenses could be transferred or selled regularly.:sad:

brianod
10-18-2008, 01:57 AM
You can sell the tutorials though.

I tried to sell my 3DS Max on ebay and it got pulled down. On this high end software you are buying a license, no actual physical item that you own.

The license dies when you do.

This is why I used to like hardware dongles but even those aren't sellable. It's all in the license agreement that everyone checkboxes but very few read.

Absinthe-Graphics
10-18-2008, 10:44 AM
It depends totally on the company policy. Autodesk and Luxology donīt allow to transfer your license for whatever reason.
With companies like Maxon (Cinema 4d), Softimage (XSI), E-on Software (Vue) or Adobe (Photoshop) there is no problem. There you can sell your software and transfer your license.

skritter
10-19-2008, 01:13 AM
You can sell the tutorials though.

.....On this high end software you are buying a license, no actual physical item that you own.

The license dies when you do.......

High end software or not....
When you buy or acquire ANY software. You NEVER own the software. You only buy the right to USE IT, under an license agreement.

It just happens that in a lot of cases that license IS and CAN BE transferred.

That IS NOT the case with Modo.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2008, 01:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.