PDA

View Full Version : Issues with reflection map, and with HDRI in Maya

Couture
10-13-2008, 04:49 AM
Hey all! Ran into a bit of a snag on a project I'm trying to finish up in Maya. I have a model which I made up all of the texture maps for, but the reflection map just wont work. It's completely desaturated, and I've tried both jpg and tiff versions. I'm trying to add smears onto the surface of an electric guitar. Procedurals like checker are working for tests, but my file textures won't work at all. I've tried checking "alpha us luminance" as suggested in another thread, but that doesn't do it either. Is there something really obvious that I'm missing? I haven't had a ton of experience doing this.

Also, what is the correct procedure for adding both diffuse and specular HDR maps in a scene in Maya? If I add my diffuse map into the mental ray slot, and try to make another hemisphere for my reflection map, it always occludes the first sphere's lighting. I can't seem to get them to work together correctly.

Thanks a ton!

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2008, 04:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.