PDA

View Full Version : Basic question : branch selecting by typing in...

merlin9876
04-28-2002, 03:47 AM
I'm reading my fisrt tuts in XSI 2.0.1 and they say you canbranch select objects by adding a "+" at the end of the name of the object like "house*+" This isn't working, I have to branch select by middle clicking all the objects I need in the Explorer window to be able to do it. Anyone know why the "+" isn't working to branch select the houses? I've tried with spaces or not, in front or at the end of the name, etc. Thx for any info...

RickW
04-28-2002, 03:57 AM
Yeah I'd like to know the answer to this too.

I ended up using b: infront of the name...

so to branch select houses I typed:

B:houses.

the houses+ does not work for me either.

Rick

merlin9876
04-28-2002, 04:27 AM
Cool, I'll try that... There are other things too that don't seem to work at first. Like thos extremely nice random and linear values you can enter in the transform text boxes. They say you can enter something like r(x, y) to creat a random number between x and y and also the linear version with l(x, y). I've entered something like r(0.2, 0.9) in the y box for scaling and then when I press enter... nothing... Any help? Could these things be new in 2.0.2 and not work in 2.0.1? That would be too bad... Thx!

merlin9876
04-28-2002, 04:35 AM
ok, I found their mistake (seems they do a lot of small mistakes in the docs...). I need to enter a value with a comma (0,9), not a dot... but is it possible to have fractions when entering the equations? Like if I need to vary from 0,2 to 0,9, how would i write the equation? I can't seem to enter something like r(0,2, 0,9)...

merlin9876
05-17-2002, 09:20 PM
I've finally found out why the equations wouldn't work in the transform tools, it's a windows issue! Seems I had to go to the regional settings and set the dot as decimal delimiter and the coma as thousands separator, it then finally worked as advertised... :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.