PDA

View Full Version : Footage from the Autodesk/Massive Black/Dell Siggraph party

jason manley
10-11-2008, 08:36 AM
ConceptArt.Org Events put on a show this past August to kick start Siggraph into high gear. There were 3700 attendees for the sold out show and a good sized horde was turned away at the door. For those that missed this show, here is a very well done vid highlighting the performances. Good stuff. Was the biggest live digital painting event to date. Much more to come...

http://www.conceptart.org/podcast/

Enjoy

JM

ragdoll
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
seems like the 2d people know how to party it up...a bit distracting imo but hey...you know...heyY!

jason manley
10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Distracting? It was a party. :) I guess we distracted with really beautiful things that were selected specifically for the Siggraph audience. The inspiration needs to be main-lined. If you attended I don't think you would say it was distraction at all. I imagine you would say the opposite.

The show started very mellow. The dj was low key and the vibes were good. autodesk provided great drinks, surprisingly good food, the models were in beautifully designed costumes...and there was plenty to see, taste, and hear. The point of the show was to wake people up with an all out assault on the senses, to get everyone talking, and to get audience moving after they had plenty of time to network. The art and models provided the awe. The music picked up and reached a rich crescendo. When the models came down into the crowd and started dancing, the place came alive. We pulled out all the stops.

The previous portion of the event had everyone watching 3d movies, interesting presentations, and seeing the latest technology. After that, it was time to network and get people talking. Getting people together to create opportunity is what it was all about. It takes a certain experience to shake many of the typically shy tech crowd into being open. The talent in that building was a mix of pros from nearly every country in the world and nearly all major entertainment and technology corporations. The whole show was designed to get people out of their shells and at the very end of the night, create the pulse to cause celebration. After all, it was the kickoff to Siggraph. That is exactly what we made happen.

Jason

RockinAkin
10-12-2008, 07:01 PM
It was a great time - Good music, great art, free food and drink, and Massive Black.
What more could one want? :beer:

ragdoll
10-12-2008, 08:01 PM
oh i see...i thought it was like a showcase for specific artists to share tips and tricks and all that good stuff...now that you mentioned all that it makes sense...since it really is a party!!! :beer:

depleteD
10-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Yo dude I've been told that I owe you an apology for jumping on you outside the blur party....sorry man.

Strang
10-13-2008, 12:51 AM
that was hilarious!

jason manley
10-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Yo dude I've been told that I owe you an apology for jumping on you outside the blur party....sorry man.

hahahaha!!! Plastic Man!!!??? Thanks for the apology...totally unnecessary.

DuttyFoot
10-13-2008, 02:15 AM
wow, that looked like a hell of party you guys put together.

simoncheng
10-20-2008, 12:39 AM
look like great party.
massive black always does a great job.
love the concept and love the people.

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2008, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.