PDA

View Full Version : Americans hired in Europe?

yogisaint
04-28-2002, 02:40 AM
I have a general question about European development companies hiring Americans. Are there any extra concerns that would be a negative to a European company hiring a foreigner? For example having to deal with Visas, etc.
I was just wondering because I have had extra trouble getting some positive feedback from companies that aren't in the US and was wondering if it was because I was American.
Of course it could also be that my portfolio isn't good enough yet - I specialize in modeling and have read that european companies expect artists to handle everything, but I was just curious about foreign hiring concerns...thanks.

kandyman
04-29-2002, 03:33 PM
We at neo have some experience with hiring people from the US. Generally, it's a very time-consuming process (several months to get a work permit).

When we hire ppl from outside the European community, we make sure they are very good since it's a lot riskier for us.

marin

endseason
04-29-2002, 05:05 PM
we have a man from westwood but he as soemthing like 10 years experience.
and i know my company had some interviews for some canadians artist,...
generally non european people find the salary opffers not enought:)

yogisaint
04-30-2002, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess I have to improve my portfolio to the point where there is no risk and no question. It will have to be a future goal. I'll get there someday.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.