PDA

View Full Version : Yay Messiah! (Hi)

Carm3D
06-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Oh hey! How long has this forum been here? I am happy to see it. I got Messiah:Animate a few months ago but I am finally sitting down and trying to learn it.

I'm gonna stop animating in Lightwave cold-turkey and just use M:A from now on.. This decision came about when I tried to use Motion Mixer in Lightwave. The horror! The horror! I hope M:A deals with this better.

Anyway.. Cheers dudes! (and ladies)

Carm3D
06-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Okay, so I figured out how to record a (pose) clip. I can drag the pose clips around the timeline, but it doesn't seem to actually effect anything. Is there a magic button that activates these clips in compose?

Thanks!

Carm3D
06-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Oh! I got it!

I.. I think.

I changed the "ck" to "gk" and it snapped-to. :shrug:

I'll mess with it some more.

dragonfollower
06-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I'm still trying to mess with compose myself. I've done a few successful motions though. So if you have any questions about it let me know (don't know for sure if I can answer them, but I'll try). This Messiah forum is kinda quiet. Hopefully that will change in the future!

-Brian

3DDave
06-09-2003, 06:12 PM
The best way to use compose is to add proxy objects to your characters. If the proxy setup for all characters is identical, then you can easily re-use compose motions between characters.

When creating a group for compose, you just use your proxy objects.

JoeCosman
06-10-2003, 03:59 AM
hi Carm, glad you're on board.

if you are just looking to add the same motion back onto a character, set the compensation to "=" instead. saves alot of headache.

-joe

Carm3D
06-10-2003, 05:45 AM
> hi Carm, glad you're on board.

Hi Joe! :bounce:

> if you are just looking to add the same motion back onto a character, set the compensation to "=" instead. saves alot of headache.

OKay cool thanks! :cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.