PDA

View Full Version : weird 3d textures behaviour while scaling

Tornado7
10-10-2008, 10:32 AM
hi guyes, I have a geometry with a shader having a 3d texture on both color and bump channels and I have to scale down the whole thing so I grouped all the stuff (geomtry and place3dTexture nodes) under a group... the problem is even if I scale down the group so everything is rescaled proportionally the color and bump maps change, and so I get weird effects (I didn't freeze the group because I know it yields problems while there are 3d texture placement nodes are in it).

http://www.francesco-puccini.it/test.jpg
in this picture you can see a test render when the group scale is set to 1 (left picture) and a test render when the group scale is set to 0.25... in this case you can notice the bump effect is getting stronger...you can the outliner hierarchy too. I know I can just rescale my charcter rather than my character's eyes to solve the problem, but I would like to understand why it happens.

any help is welcome :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2008, 10:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.