PDA

View Full Version : Lipsync for critique

boflipy
10-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey guys,

I'm a first year 3D student and this is for my show reel. We've only had 8 weeks on actual animation training so I'm kinda blindly bashing around in the dark a bit here.

The white guys facial animation stops at the gun shot because I'll do that later in time with the body animation when he bumps on the ground. The green guy...I'm still not sure about his overall facial animation towards the end. Comments and thoughts hugely appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gri0CI605E

KyleG
10-09-2008, 02:26 PM
You really need to animate the body instead of having them stand there in their default pose. When people look at an animation the first thing they look at is the overall body pose, so you want to nail that, then they look at the eyes, and finally the mouth, so in the scheme of things the lip sync is the last thing you should worry about.

boflipy
10-10-2008, 01:41 AM
thanks Kyle, for some reason I had been told the other way round.

It makes sense though seeing as the facial animation is supposed to follow the eyes...and the eyes are dependant on the body animation and placement..!

Has anyone got any thought son the lipsync anyway? It would be really helpful..

dummeh
10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
It looks nice so far. In my opinion the mouth could do with a little more exaggeration on certain shapes (for example the 'ooo' in your hellooooo would benefit being a bit more 'ooo'ier). It's hard to judge how natural the lip sync animation looks without the head/body being animated, though. The movement of other body parts such as the head, eyes and eyebrows are what give character to dialogue so it would be nice to see it again once those are more animated.

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.