PDA

View Full Version : compositing in xsi 2

tuna
04-28-2002, 12:30 AM
hello,

i am currently trying to composite a real life image (photo) and an animated character.

i have used simply a rotroscope and a few IBL planes casting the correct lighting and set it up OK.

now where i run into troubles is getting the matt shadows and reflections of the floor.

i have tried using blinn, strous, lambert and most shaders to create a matt somehow, but with no avail... :'(

i am not totaly sure how i would go about rendering passes/layers to differant targa images to composite later (post).

does anyone have any tricks or ways of doing this?

thanks

[GFS]snoopy
04-28-2002, 07:19 PM
Create a grid for the floor. Now create a shadow and highlight pass. Move the grid away from the background object partition in explorer --> passes (I think so, I used passes 3 months ago, take a look into the manuals). Now render the passes and you will get black images with alpha for the shadows and highlights with alpha. Now you can compose it on your live action footage floor.

Hope this helps.

[GFS]snoopy

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.