PDA

View Full Version : Z brush 3.12 for OSX now available.

SheepFactory
10-08-2008, 07:18 PM
I have just recieved the following e-mail:

Greetings,

This email contains the necessary instructions for upgrading to ZBrush 3.12 for the Mac OS X. Please follow the instructions carefully. You'll be using ZBrush 3.12 in no time!

Please use the link provided below to register your copy of ZBrush. (This link is only valid once and for 14 days):

The wait is finally over for us mac users.

http://www.pixologic.com/home.php

Also apparently Pixologic does not believe in demos. Would have been great to be able to test out the mac version.

blenderhead
10-08-2008, 07:36 PM
And it doesn't have all those bugs MB2 seems to be suffering from at the moment either. [/flame] ;)

Per-Anders
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Also apparently Pixologic does not believe in demos. Would have been great to be able to test out the mac version.
Nah, Pixologic always release their demos some months after the actual product is released. Still it's good to see the Mac version finally arrive.

AdrianLazar
10-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Nah, Pixologic always release their demos some months after the actual product is released.

That's too bad!

lovisx
10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
can't wait to see what 3.5 holds... judging by what's already in this release.

FreakWizz
10-08-2008, 11:22 PM

Oh Well at least the Andrew always offers demo version of even Alphas for the Mac..

http://www.3d-coat.com/Serega/3D-Coat-3-00-ALPHA-25.dmg

It's almost as good for less than half of the price, and it's not even out yet..... But checkout the demo, because Andrew does believe in them. ;)

http://3d-brush-dev.blogspot.com/

cresshead
10-09-2008, 07:44 AM
there is a demo of Zbrush just that it's only the windows version currently...mac version will follow in due course i think.

i'll be keeping an eye on mudbox and 3dcoat with their demo's and alpha's for sure but i find zbrush to be pretty darn amazing in the breadth of it's toolset and the fantastic creations that's being made with it.

looking forward to seeing what we have in store for version 3.5 around xmas time.:arteest:

chadtheartist
10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
So far I like it. It can handle way more geometry than 3.1 on Windows. The perspective changes are nice too. I haven't spent much time with it yet but so far I'm very impressed. Especially when I can sculpt on a 14 million poly object on my Macbook Pro and it operates as fast as ZB did with 1 million polys in 3.1. I can only imagine that 3.5 will improve on that, so I'm quite pleased with ZB for now.

I need to play with it more though. I want to test out the texture updates next.

StephaneD
10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm very curious about the perspective enhancements
what is the change exactly? did they just add a grid or is the perspective really managed differently?
pixologic didn't tell much about it and its my main concern with zbrush

Lone Deranger
10-13-2008, 11:56 AM
One thing that's improved is that your perspective/focal length no longer changes when you hide parts of your tool/model. Which is pretty huge in my opinion as that annoyed the heck out of me.
While I've not really done any thorough testing (I'm going by eye here), the perspective in general looks accurate and reliable. So I would say yes, the perspective is managed differently.. and certainly for the better!
Hope that answers your question. :)

So far I'm very pleased with this release. It's fast, smooth as silk and I've not had any problems with ZBrush crashing.

I'm very curious about the perspective enhancements
what is the change exactly? did they just add a grid or is the perspective really managed differently?
pixologic didn't tell much about it and its my main concern with zbrush

StephaneD
10-13-2008, 12:28 PM
great news then
the hiding issue made me mad as well !
Wish pixologic would offer a demo so it is possible to give it a try

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2008, 12:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.