PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a cattle mutilation ...

Kirt
06-09-2003, 01:11 AM
This will go in the cow concept thread eventually, but I wanted to poll everyone on what's funnier first.

In the first scene of the film, the aliens arrive at a cow pasture with thier ship to do a little cattle mutilation. Originally, I was going to just BBQ a few, but I realized that it would be just gross (my kids will want to see this when it's done :D ). I came up with the solution of gene resequencing, but I haven't decided which mutation to go with. Help me out ... what's funnier? Poodle cow, giraffe cow or chicken cow?

http://www.kirtstanke.com/alienz/images/cow-concept-02.jpg

elfling bard
06-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Hi Kirt,

I think all of them is great... It's a good fun factor to see all of them in sequence...
For me, the chicken first, the giraffe second and the poodle last with his (enough) look...
I know, i know it's a lot of work but i think it make the experiment a lot funnier...

:applause:

elfling bard
06-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Oups double post:shame: :hmm:

unLevel
06-09-2003, 02:38 PM
there's this book "noah's ark" by some french artist, where he pokes fun at the cow and different mutilations with it, although I don't have the book with me, I might be able to find it soon...you want to see them?

BlueCougar
06-09-2003, 06:49 PM
I do like the sequence idea but you asked for a choice. Soo, I like the poodle but giving the timing of the shot I think it may be missed on the audience that its a poodle cow not just a done up cow. The giraffe cow is an extreme exaggeration(sp?) of form but I don't think it would read as funny. So, my choice would be the chicken cow with some kind of play on real chickens that are around it like a rooster reacting with interest or shock at the new cow chicken, or possibly even a cow chicken egg! I think for each is how the cow plays its reaction to the change that would give the best reaction. There is alot of elements within the chicken one to play off of compared to the others, namely reaction to wings instead of hooves and legs. That's my take on it!

Kenn

Aearon
06-09-2003, 09:47 PM
i lean towards the chicken :D

but... i'd definitely go for a sequence of all of them. the giraffe and poodle are just a matter of deforming the existing cow and adding some fur in the case of the poodle, and the chicken-cow involves only some simple modeling tasks, easily done and insanely funny :beer:

*edit*

ok another thought, i actually like Cougars' way better. it might be better to spend some more time with the chicken, we could let it pick(right word?) from the ground :D

Kirt
06-10-2003, 01:07 AM
:beer: Good job, all three mutations is funnier. I hadn't thought of that. As an added humor factor I'm going to do this :

1. Morph to giraffe - "baaah" like a sheep
2. Morph to poodle - "aih-aih-aih" like a dolphin (or however that's spelled)
3. Morph to chicken - "meow" like a kitty

elfling bard
06-10-2003, 03:51 AM
This is even funnier...
Maybe with the "enough" look at the end of the sequence.
Like your poodle...

Rotamus
06-10-2003, 01:12 PM
yeah i agree chicken cow would be the most funny plus it leaves open a huge option for additional gags... like it cries "kocka-doodle-MOOOOO"

Aearon
06-10-2003, 09:58 PM
lol kirt that's awesome, laughin my ass off only reading it :scream:

i think i have already seen this kind of things somewhere (someone morphing into several animals with wrong sounds), can't remember where though - probably in several cartoons :wip:

Kirt
06-10-2003, 10:49 PM
There probably is a few variations of this same gag somewhere (not that I can recall though). Coming up with something completely original and uniquely funny is a challenge. Hopefully, there are enough differences so it doesn't come off as a blatant rip of someone else's work.

But like I said ... as far as I know it's not directly inspired by anything I've seen or can recall as a good gag to rip from someone else. That's one of my biggest fears, that I'll unknowingly use something that's been done before and taking the heat for it.

Having said all that ... I should mention that the chicken cow was my daughter's idea after seeing my giraffe and poodle in development. She's only 8! Looks like she might inherit Dad's warped sense of humor. :D

I also changed the lion's roar above to a kitty "meow"

koinu
06-12-2003, 07:16 AM
CHICKEN COW that 's the one. Save the rest for outakes..... Like the alienz can't quite get it right type of approach... Then a KIRT-COW hehe.... Love your ideas.......:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Second thought all of US turn into cow morphs at the end as we sit at computers and wave good bye with our hoovz...

Kirt
06-12-2003, 07:38 AM
Oh I can think of about 10 or so Cow outtakes ... :D

But for now, let's concentrate on getting character and prop models done. Hehehehe. The fun stuff comes along later.

koinu
06-12-2003, 05:21 PM
WOOHOO KIRT IS STILL ALIVE
WOOHOO KIRT SAID PROPS
WOOHOO WE ARE ON OUR WAY!!!!

Checking your site to see if there are any new concept pics to follow. BTW, Loved to storyboards so far....

JIII
06-12-2003, 05:50 PM
hmm like the poodle cow best.

I am almost done with those changes you wanted to make. just experienced a bout of obsessive laziness for the past weeks.

ilasolomon
06-14-2003, 09:55 AM
oh my bad, i should check the main thread pages more often!
I think all are great, especially the chiken cow! ... (here in roozaneh advertise we had a cow-chicken too that is very funny!)

http://www.topleftpixel.com/ila/temp/roozaneh_cowhen.jpg

CuTnPaste
06-19-2003, 04:27 PM
ehmm...I'm always late, too.

I think the chicken is the right choice...because chicken and cow are farmhouse animals.....

giraffe and dog....not!

BOH!

:buttrock:

cut

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.