PDA

View Full Version : Post Sabbatical Inquiry

Kid-Mesh
10-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Lo all,

It's been awhile since I've used Messiah and I'm thinking of upgrading to the lastest version. My workflow for my current project will be LW & Messiah. Animate in Messiah and everything else in LW.

Lightwave ver 9.5
Messiah (One back of the current release)

In the past I had issues using LW and Messiah and wondered if any of you with the same pipeline could share tips if any with the newer versions. I'm sure things are much better now so any advice, gotchas or preferred methods are appreciated.

As an FYI, I do have Point oven too.

Secondly, I will/would search the forums for most of this but I'm at work and will have to do that later. Just hoping to get a few comments to this regard.

Many thanks!

KM

Kid-Mesh
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
First off, my apologies because I know this topic has been beat to death :scream:

So I just got back from work about an hour ago and did some searching....needless to say I'm impressed. I also see somethings have changed for the better and cant wait to upgrade.

Just tried out the MDD pipeline explained by Ulven in another thread and it worked like a charm.

I'm good now.

Cheers.

catizone
10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Well, perhaps since your version, you may be unaware of the vast improvement in rendering...as well as amazing GI that is really fast.

Just touching on items that may be the reason why you want to use the two programs instead of one.

Best,
Rick

Kid-Mesh
10-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Catizone - Thanks for the tip and the reply mate :)

There is one other thing I'm hoping to get some advice on. I've been trying to figure out how to get camera data out of Messiah into LW.

I've been able to get the FOV info etc using MotionDump but I cannot figure out how or where to apply the data for the actual camera movement.

I opened up the Graph Editor in LW and tried to apply the .mot file to each axis I affected but that didnt garner the results I'm looking for. Is there one particular channel that I need to add or am I looking in the wrong place.

Or..would this be a better solution for something like PointOven?

Unfortunately I was unable to find any more information on this via these forums.

Thanks!

kungfudork
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
be sure to check out www.setuptab.com (http://www.setuptab.com)

the messiah big dogs hang out there. i'm sure you'll find more answers.

KFD

Kid-Mesh
10-08-2008, 12:07 PM
KFD - Thanks a lot. I'll check that out while I hope to get a response here since the traffic is always high too :cool:

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2008, 12:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.