PDA

View Full Version : Floating eye issue

Humorous03
10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I have a character with eyes that float above its body. I'd like to be able to rotate the eyes on their own, but they also need to follow the body. I've looked at different constraint options, but am not sure what setup will get me the results I require. I'm using Maya 8.

MolemanSD7
10-07-2008, 09:50 PM
are you referring to a 'global' type attribute, where the body can rotate, but the eyes keep looking forward, or just having the eyes move with the body. I am not sure where your issue is...can you clarify a bit?

DanBroughton
10-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I'd try parenting the eye's to the head joint then set up a aim constraint to a eye curve or locator, where you want the eye's to look at. Is this going to solve you're problem?

Cheers Dan

JockeP
10-08-2008, 08:51 AM
You could also try grouping the eye to themself and move the new groups pivot to the bone you want the eyes to follow. Then just set a parent constrain from the bone to the new group. That should make the eyes follow the head and still be able to rotate them as you wish.

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2008, 08:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.