PDA

View Full Version : Texture/Light/Render - character - BoBo_the_seal

BoBo-the-seal
04-27-2002, 10:52 PM
Character:
Well I tend to get motivated and heavily influenced by the movies I see and the games I play. I recently finished playing Star War Jedi Knight II and found myself craving more. It, along with seeing the trailers for the next Star Wars film, has rekindled my fascination with the Star Wars mythos. Since completing the game Iíve found myself reading a lot of the extended stories and fan fiction thatís available on the net. So with this character I hope to create a little fan fiction of my own.

Technique:
Well Iíve decided I would try a new technique with this character. Iím building it up using colors, which I will loose in the end. I built it sort of like a paper doll, trying out different thing until I found a shape and concept I liked. I created the basic form first (blue) and then created a new layer and added armor (orange). I then created another layer and using green fleshed out the shape of the body. Finally I used red just as a placeholder for some marking I will be putting in during the rendering faze. Now that I have a rough concept down I will move on to rendering it.

http://www.bobotheseal.com/temp/WIP/Persiga-de-bedlam_wip01.jpg
http://www.bobotheseal.com/temp/WIP/Persiga-de-bedlam_wip02.jpg

BoBo

puddlefish
04-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Nice sketches, I like the progression you show.
Is the finished piece going to be in that pose?

diazgl
04-28-2002, 03:44 AM
wow!! darn nice!!! I LOVE your sketching type. It's REALLY great. I'd like to see more detail on the pants though, it looks too simple at the moment (duh, it's a sketch). Are you going to make another pose, or use that? I think that you could use another pose, to show your character better.

Good luck with the contest.

dmcgrath
05-02-2002, 08:40 AM
You're doing it the right way, Bobo. Layers is a great way to work.
Looking good so far.

Mechis
05-03-2002, 07:55 PM
I love the sketches. Awesome awesome awesome.
:thumbsup:

BoBo-the-seal
05-04-2002, 09:29 AM
I just picked up The Art of Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones and have decided to alter my design a bit. I've also taken everyoneís comments to heart and changed the pose and have moved onto the rendering phase.

This is just an early quick shot of the rendering stage.

SeanW
05-04-2002, 02:22 PM
Awesome, I'm glad to see your doing stuff for the challenge, wish you were doing a model but this is good enough :) I'm curious if your going to continue to render your guy part by part. I like the technique of your first guy, I need to try that..:thumbsup:

System404
05-05-2002, 11:29 PM
aggghh!!!white Whoopie Goldberg:D kidding!!! it looks great man:drool: glad to see you've joined. loved how you did the progression of your first character. Can't wait to see the rest of your new character :thumbsup:

paranoy2k
05-07-2002, 12:46 PM
This draw is really interesting even at this stage...it's damn well shaded as everything you made earlier!

Hope you will have some time to finish this image!

Sangotten
05-07-2002, 04:57 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!

That is looking great I think the first one is really outdone by the new picture...
I hope you will finish it in time!:wip:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.