PDA

View Full Version : MB for Non-human characters

bugzilla
06-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Just got MB 1 year liscence from the cover CD on Digit magazine. It has some really great features. One problem though is that it doesn't seem to handle non-human characters. Can I use MB for more than humans? Example, dragon with wings and a tail, many legged creatures like spiders and ants. I'm not interested in work arounds like using the human IK rig and "pretending" it's something else.

Michel Besner
06-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Two legged characters can have extra body parts such as wings. You can use extra constraints to control the additional parts.

Version 5.0 (shipping end of August) will have quadriped support.

For multipeds, you can either use many Character Rigs or build standard constraints...

M.

crgowo
06-09-2003, 04:11 PM
the freelance edition user beable to receive that update for free?

nitsuj
06-12-2003, 02:51 AM
I'm getting interested in getting motionbuilder from all this activity and enthusaism on this board.

But so far all people talk about is figures/ humans. But these things don't exist on their own.

can motionbuilder handle a simple scene like human wlaking through a simple room and picking up a tv remote for example? all in real time?

also can you build custom rigs for none human objects (think the animators basic execrise of bringing a cube to life).

Must these rigs be built in a separate app? (research tells me yes but you never know until you ask)

answers welcome:

Michel Besner
06-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Yes, yes, yes and yes. you can build custom rigs in MB.

MB is a complete animaton package that is very strong in character animation.

M.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.