PDA

View Full Version : production ig to release feature length cg anime

gunslingerblack
10-06-2008, 10:47 PM
slated for a summer 2009 release
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5530/oblivionislandje1.png

from anime news network:

read the original here (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2008-10-06/production-i.g-to-produce-3dcg-feature-film-oblivion-island-haruka-and-the-magic-mirror-slated-in-japan-for-summer-2009)

" According to I.G and Fuji TV, the movie will follow a girl named Haruka as she discovers where all of our childhood keepsakes and memorabilia go. "In this story, we meet fantastic creatures that gather all these little objects that fall into oblivion as they are forgotten by their owners when they step into adulthood. These creatures sneak into our world from a different dimension, and unseen by humans, they take all the ditched and forgotten 'treasures' into their world. Here, they use their booty to build their own city, a fairy-tale like place called…Oblivion Island!""

style looks pretty awesome, i wouldn't expect IG to use mocap, i have my fingers crossed that they really represent.

if anyone finds any more info feel free to post in the thread.

Ilive
10-07-2008, 05:43 AM
This looks REALLY COOL!!!

JoshBowman
10-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I have huge respect for the guys and girls at Production I.G. as they've created some of the best animation to come out of Japan. I really hope that they're successful in spearing Japanese animation into the CG era although I hope that they don't end up ditching their traditional roots the way America has.

depleteD
10-07-2008, 10:51 PM
I really love the work that these guys do.

Ilive
10-08-2008, 04:37 AM
I don't think they will leave their roots. I think they go with where the story takes them.

They've done 2d
They've done 2d with 3d
They've done photographs and limited animation
Makes sense for them to try out 3d as welll.

These guys are really cool and go with the flow and wherever the story takes them.

My Fault
10-08-2008, 07:47 AM
You had me at production ig to release feature length cg anime :beer:

Seriously, very exciting to hear about anything they do!

gunslingerblack
10-11-2008, 02:00 AM
You had me at production ig to release feature length cg anime :beer:

Seriously, very exciting to hear about anything they do!

haha, i know right, as soon as i saw the headline on anime news network i was like

ohhhhhhhhhhh sheeeiiiitt!!!

seriously tho i really have high hopes for this movie,

the wave is coming...

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2008, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.