PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat rigging related- MAYA question

edwardG
10-06-2008, 04:45 PM
So, I'm not quite sure what's been happening with my Maya lately (I have 2008 extension 2).

I've noticed that when I start a new scene, everything by default create really really small...

I've reset all the settings to default with no success, I've changed the grid measurements, etc. Unfortunately, no matter what I do in a new scene I am unable to get Maya to autocreate at the size it should be.

Specifically, what I'm doing is creating Locators, but their default scale (and local scale) of 1 1 1 is kicking back a locator that's exactly 1/10 of the size that it should be. Has anybody had any problems similar to this one or know how to fix it? Even in MEL, the command isn't working:

spaceLocator -p 0 0 0;

Here's what's even stranger... if I bring up one of my previous saved files (with the exact same settings), it will make the correct sizes. Perhaps it's some kind of bug with the Grid, I don't know.

tonytouch
10-07-2008, 07:32 AM
hi eddy,

you should try to delete your "prefs" / but first duplicate the prefs-folder ( for backup )

( you can just "move" the entire "prefs"-folder from within your "documents/maya/2008/prefs" - to a different place on your hard-disc ... restart maya , and see , if everything is OK again .. and if that does not help , move your "prefs" back in its place again )

edwardG
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the idea.

Well, soon after getting that first bug, I got a second one where my paint weights tool was painting black at 100% (and at 0%), so I decided it was probably time to repair Maya.

I ran the repair tool, and it seemed to work fine after that. I didn't even need to reset preferences, the bugs were just fixed. I guess if anybody is having weird bug problems, a solution could be to repair the program and see if that fixes it.

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.