PDA

View Full Version : Scrubbing

DominikSusmel
06-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Hi,

I know this might be more appropriate for editing forum, but I still have to ask. Is there some kind of keyframe controler plugin for AFX that can record real time scrubbing back and forth? If not, can this be achieved somehow in Premiere? I don't use editing programs much, apart from roughing out composition, so pardon my ignorance. I'm looking a way to record real time scrubbing of back-forth video control, like jog-shuttle control.

Thanks,

vertigo
06-22-2003, 02:27 AM
Hi.

Well,actually, you could capture your screen, with for example Camtasia.

Greets
vertigo

gmask
06-22-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by vertigo
Hi.

Well,actually, you could capture your screen, with for example Camtasia.

Greets
vertigo

Hmm.. but wouldn't that interfer with the realtime performance of scratching?? maybe not..

In the past I have done this by outputting the desktop to a video signal and capturing it on the fly on another computer with a video card.

vertigo
06-22-2003, 02:48 AM
That's also an idea... but you need two machines :hmm:

I don't think there are any problems with realtime scrubbing while capturing your desktop...

Greets
vertigo

gmask
06-22-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by vertigo
That's also an idea... but you need two machines :hmm:

I don't think there are any problems with realtime scrubbing while capturing your desktop...

Greets
vertigo

Well it's been awhile since I tried using a desktop capture but I was turned off because it was really slowing things down.. guess they have gotten better or machines faster.

You could also possible record your desktop to tape and then digitize the scrubbign that way.. if you ahve the capability. I have done that in the past as well.

dg
06-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure that I understood you right, but if you are trying to achieve an fx like scrubbing in AE you can use timeremap to do that, if you are trying to capture your screen in realtime you can do via Camtasia (http://www.techsmith.com/) but the there are huge limitations, you will got to have a very rapid hd to record your screen at 30 fps, so it isn't a viable solution, camtasia is very good to capture things for presentation at very low frames per second like 1,2 or 5 fps.

I hope that helps,
Cheers! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.