PDA

View Full Version : layer compositing in shake

DEVILSAN
10-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi i am going to composite the render layers that i got from my maya scene in apple shake as it is the program so far i have learnet

(the mult2 to mult 10 are place holder nodes as i was thinking if this is fine i should make it macro)
but for that i need some help in making a macro as well.

so seeing the image atached do i have the correctly placed render lyers going correctly and make sur ethe way i am adding the z-Depth channel correct or not...

jeremybirn
10-05-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't quite know where you are going with that. Maybe if you showed images of the different passes, and explained why you had split them out and what you were planning to do with them all, it would be easier to answer a question.

Are you adding a z-depth pass as a way of simulating a fog effect? I guess that could work.

-jeremy

DEVILSAN
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I don't quite know where you are going with that. Maybe if you showed images of the different passes, and explained why you had split them out and what you were planning to do with them all, it would be easier to answer a question.

-jeremy
I have different passes rendered layers coz if something is int right i can manage to tweak that , and as i am rendering on multiple machine i rendered i got renders faster doing each separately, and i want to comp them back to the real footage after matching it...

Are you adding a z-depth pass as a way of simulating a fog effect?

-jeremy

yes that's what i am exactly doing in my shot....

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.