PDA

View Full Version : XSI Marketing B**L S**t for one million particles test

jigu
10-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Hi Pflow and maxers,

Here is XSI One million particle tests comparison posted on this site (http://softimagenews.blogspot.com/2008/10/results-are-in-xsi-beats-3ds-max-and.html).

That doesn't make any sense to me. He used shape operator and max calculates 1 million particles just in 2 secs on my stupid dual core machine. But takes time in rendering, as it treats to render polygone meshes of tetra shape. Not itself particles.

If used Krakatoa point renderer it will take same time as it takes calculating in viewport.

Senseless test. XSI can't beat in this test. Correct me if I am wrong.

-J.

SoLiTuDe
10-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Well I don't have xsi or maya, so I can't open up the particle systems and see what the differences are. They didn't include XP64 in there test either... wierd. Sure, XSI's particles are damn fast, being very well multi-threaded, but still the test is very biased and conducted unfairly since the knowledge of the other programs seems very limited. ...and is this test just viewport stuff or rendering? If it's viewport was he using directx, opengl or software mode?? Seriously a huge lack of effort here to make this an even test. Ah well... :banghead:

erilaz
10-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Let's not start, shall we? People can make their own tests and decide for themselves.