PDA

View Full Version : Game Icons - Character - AoD

SpaceJASE
06-08-2003, 06:30 AM
Think I'll take a stab at this challenge. Haven't had time 'til now.

Game:
Life seems good - You're happy with stuff. One day you don't wake up. you're dead. But you don't mind, you went somewhere good. In this afterlife you realize your significant other is not present. Curious to know what happened and where she may be, you beseech the "Higher Power" of this plane to let you go on a quest to find her. You're told that she is also deceased, however, she ended up somewhere bad... maybe HELL! That's OK you say, you'll take on hell or high water to get her. So, you get sent to hell. On the trip down you hear: "Be aware that, the denziens of hell can be very influential on a soul... IF you return, you may not be quite the same... person you now are."

Thus you find your self in Hell ready to take on anything that runs across your path.

You don't always fight demons, you mostly fend off the millions of humans who are there in hell. Different areas could include: "Attourney Attack" or "Politician Punishment." But I'm just being cheesy now. As you progress, you may or may not take on the characteristics of those you defeat, depending on how you play... perhaps you grow horns, wings, extra arms... or goat legs!

(I think this may play similar to "The Mark of Kri" but with a "Silent Hill2 feel to it. 3rd person viewpoint.)

I don't know what to call it, for now it's just AoD (Angel of Doom)
... maybe not Doom... maybe Destiny.

SpaceJASE
06-08-2003, 06:32 AM
A closer look at his head:

SpaceJASE
06-08-2003, 06:35 AM
Started modeling the head:

cbadger85
06-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Wow, your story sounds a lot like that movie, "What Dreams May Come" I like your concept but I think the wings are a little small.

SpaceJASE
06-09-2003, 04:06 AM
I hadn't thought of that, but I guess it does, huh. Well, I knew it sounded kind of... cliche or maybe stereotypical...

I just wanted someone who thought they were pure & strong have to go into an environment that was the opposite and see if they could come out untainted by that environment and it's inhabitants. Heaven and Hell seemed like an easy way to convey that to the player.

Anyways, I made the other 2 pieces of hair on his head and started a torso. Not much, so I won't bother with an update.

Dhin
06-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Your concept art reminds me of Soul Reaver's Razeal. I look forward to seeing more.

Lee3dee
06-10-2003, 08:53 PM
I like your character design, reminds me of soul reaver/castlevania/another game i can't remeber the name :(.

The game sound like it would be very interesting in terms of graphics and gameplay. Kinda like a RPG but its not. Mark of Kri is a fantastic game that not many people know about. Im happy I played it, it became one of my favorites.

I'm looking forward to see how your character comes to life :)

SpaceJASE
06-11-2003, 03:38 AM
Yeah, Dhin & Hirigashi. As soon as I drew the wings I thought it looked too much like Soul Reaver's main character. At the rate I'm going I may not have enough polys to do them right, so they may get cut. :shrug:

Here's an arm and torso I started working on. Triangulated and duped to see poly count - 1206. We'll see if I can squeeze in fingers or just some flippers!

SpaceJASE
06-11-2003, 03:39 AM
whoops

Stygian
06-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey Jase , I really like your background story . There is this story by Larry Niven called Inferno its kind of an up to date version of dante's Inferno but it gives some great descriptions of some of the different circles of Hell. Might give you some ideas for your levels .

Ivars
06-11-2003, 07:47 PM
looking good! Although you might get some problem with your polycount :)
But I´m sure you´ll make it. Looking forward to see how this turns out.

SpaceJASE
06-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Stygian: Sweet! I was just thinking I need to get into a good book for a bit. I like the Niven stuff I've read - I'll go get Inferno next time I'm out!

Ivars: Thanks. It's difficult to think ahead and think about what details to model and what to leave to texture/bump/normal mapping.

I'll figure it out as I go I guess. :)

SpaceJASE
06-16-2003, 04:56 AM
Here's an update:

Pretty much tired of working on the body. Think I'll do the wings and then the sword. I figure 400 for each wing and 100 for the sword ought to be ok. We'll see. There are places I can trim back on the body.

coupon
06-16-2003, 09:42 AM
nice, like an angel or seraphim, anyway, here's Danté's (sp?) divine comedy pt I, inferno: http://ibiblio.org/gutenberg/etext99/1ddcn10.txt

maybe for a bit of inspiration, the angels mainly feature in pt II, purgatory: http://ibiblio.org/gutenberg/etext99/2ddcn10.txt but i guess the imagery of hell would suit the style better.

SpaceJASE
06-23-2003, 03:18 AM
OK - I've gone to the limit, but I got some tasty wings in there and a sword. Rigging the wings will be a first for me! There are a few more polys to add or take away if something comes up.

We're off on vactation so I won't update for a week or so.

Hope you all keep at it and leave nothing but dust trails for me to follow! Well, you already are I think! :)

Later!

SpaceJASE
06-23-2003, 03:21 AM
oh and - 'coupon' - Thanks for the links! I'm going to read through those. I think it was something like 15 years ago when i read "Inferno."

Rockin'!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.