PDA

View Full Version : License transfer, anyone has done?

10-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I just got the Ownership Transfer document from Softimage in order to sell my copy of XSI Ess and has some questions.

1) There is no space for serial numbers (I do not know what is the serial numbers of mine either). So, how does Softimage update the ownership to the new own?, by register name and address?

2) There is the space for Authorized Dealers. Does the dealer need to get involve with? or just the name of the dealer I original bought XSI from?

If there was anyone going through this process please explain to me. I like XSI a lot, but with my health conditions and economy situation, I really have no time to learn XSI and make fortune of it now.

Thanks,

elhemp
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Hello,

I've just gone through the process. You and the former licensee have to fill out the form and sign it. Your or your reseller send the form to Softimage. They do hopefully the rest. You don't need a serial number. Names are enough.

I think its better to let the reseller send the form to Softimage.

In my case it lasted a very long time to do the transfer. Lastly I called them tonight and got the license file within 5 minutes :).

So if they don't answer via email just call them. They are very kind :).

The installation of the license file should not be a problem.

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.