PDA

View Full Version : How to use Extra poly models ?

shahrooz
10-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a bad problem with extra poly models. when i make a model in Zbrush or Mudbox and then i want import it on 3d's max , i have a very very high poly model that i can't do any work on it !!! not animation , not textureing , and anything other .

If there is a trick please tell me how i should export or import these extra poly models to another 3d softwares.

Thanks.

goldenarms
10-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Shahrooz,

I would suggest doing some searches here or a place like zbrushcentral.com for information on normal and displacment maps. Basically you will need to bring in the 1st subdivision level of your model and apply one (or both depending on your needs) of these maps. This will help to display the detail you have in zbrush or mudbox on your lower rez model. Also, depending on how you created the model you may have to retopologize it in order to get a proper animation ready mesh.
Hope this helps.

shahrooz
10-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Ow !
I don't know that ! very very useful, Thanks a lot :lightbulb

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2008, 03:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.