PDA

View Full Version : Rotating box

aniOcean
10-02-2008, 07:54 AM
If I want to animating a cube with 6 sides, how can I do it in Aftereffect? It seems a bit hard to make it by changing a square to 3d mode and positioning it. What do you do usually?

Mylenium
10-02-2008, 09:04 AM
If I want to animating a cube with 6 sides, how can I do it in Aftereffect? It seems a bit hard to make it by changing a square to 3d mode and positioning it. What do you do usually?

What's so hard about that? Artists have been doing this for eons. After all, it's just 6 layers?! You could certainly use tools like Boris Continuum'S BCC Cube, but why spend money for such a simple thing? Don't you think a little work effort is okay and the reason why we get paid money for our jobs? *puzzled*

Mylenium

aniOcean
10-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi, it is not that hard for person who use AE so many times. For me, when I rotate it and make those 6 plane together to form a cube, it just doesnt look good though I just figure it out how to do it better now.

I hope to find more ways to do in cgtalk. Hope you understand that.

scrimski
10-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Describe your problem a bit more accurate.
it just doesnt look good simply doesn't cut the cake.

Screenshots, project files or a step-by-step description of what you have done so far - more information from your side will allow us more pointers to a solution.

suztv
10-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Use a null object!

Create the 6 sides and parent them to the null - then just animate the null. Easy as pie!

If you are concerned about it having seams or it not lining up then put the positions in via keyboard and use simple math to find out where they should be in space relative to your null object. I believe there are several free pre-comps on the adobe exchange and expressions that will do this for you as well. It's all a matter of searching hard enough and entering in the right key words in google.

I have attached a simple cube animation that I did in less than 5 minutes. It was done in CS3.

berniebernie
10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
mhhhh

scripts

http://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=194

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.