View Full Version : he is a chinese, a little diffrent one

ddv
04-27-2002, 10:56 AM
i like his work so i paste his location and

he has the fansy thought most of we chinese don't have

http://www.jowoer.com/handok/gallery/img2d/fish.htm

diazgl
04-27-2002, 08:01 PM
WTF? Excuse me for saying, but I don't like that kind work. It's disguisting, and completely sexually oriented, which shows that his inspiration only derives from sex. A true artist can work with different kinds of subjects. That's like a sexually depraved guy, gone graphics.

That's just me, someone else could have a different opinion, but I jsut hate it.

Jhonus
04-27-2002, 08:52 PM
come on, its hardly a sign of a sexually depraved person. I think this is some of the more clever cg i've ever seen.:applause:

I really like them, some of them make me laugh. Which is more than 98% of cg does for me. Some of them make me think. :applause:

I think its a perfect cross of subject matter.

This "momentum ornament" (what else do you call them?) theme is awesome.

the second picture:
the guy has caught a mermaid on his fishing rod, the momentum ornament thingy shows the fish tugging, and him pulling back trying to reel in the fish.

alternatively you can interpret that he's engaged in joyous activities with a mermaid, in which case the momentum ornament thingy mimics a natural rythm to such sexual acts.

Either way it fits perfectly.... symbiotic

The first image makes me think he is dreaming the following pictures?

I guess the Jesus one is something to do with Celibacy?

God knows what all the Centaurs, devils, minatours, circuses, angels and fairytale ones are about. Whats that fairytale where the girl lets down her hair?

rusky
04-27-2002, 08:57 PM
really longggggggggggggggggggg

i dont like them.... (maybe i'm envious....) :p

visionmaster
04-27-2002, 09:49 PM
diazgl you are too excessive, i think.

is it bad to be inspered by sex? if it was bad you never be created by your parent's....

do you prefer war, tank, or blood violence?

those pictures look like salvado Daly paint.

it's too much kitch for me but it's really poetic.

good job.

diazgl
04-28-2002, 02:27 AM
ok, perhaps I exaggerated. It's not that I don't like those images, they are pretty nice and amusing, but I hate the fact that in that site, the artist only deals with that subject. Perhaps if the artist had more diverge "themes" i would have liked it much better (it's a psychology thing). I should've sticked to only one image of the gallery, say it's nice, funny, and then leave.

And no, I don't prefer war or violence and stuff, it's just that these are somewhat offensive...I don't know........I just don't.....

dur23
04-28-2002, 02:45 AM
hahaha thats some sweet stuff....
I enjoy that stuff cause its completely original....

Its awesome too cause if anyone had an erection that big they'd be passing out left right and center......

its :buttrock: awesome!

pg|
04-28-2002, 06:00 AM
i like these, they are funny and i would really like to see them as real life statues, toys thingies.. only not for kids :)

SheepFactory
04-28-2002, 06:24 AM
i think its quite original ,

good job.

A|i

XanBob
04-28-2002, 08:34 PM
I REALLY LIKE THE MODELS AND THE MOOD OF THE SHOTS... BUT WHAT I LIKE BEST IS THE FACT THAT IT'S GIVEN PEOPLE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT, I MEAN... HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET CG WHICH CREATES SO MUCH CONTROVERSY AND SUBJECT TO DEBATE? IT'S MADE PEOPLE THINK.... FANTASTIC, KEEP IT UP! lol

-XANBOB:applause:

arkitus
04-28-2002, 08:57 PM
but there are so many other things that are funny, not war, and make people talk and debate. I think it is very offesive, and that these are all trys to make our minds full of these ( which i like to call cr*p )

my idea.

XanBob
04-28-2002, 09:00 PM
THAT'S JUST SILLY...

XANBOB

Rivendale
04-28-2002, 09:22 PM
I think they are really good, very simplistic and thereīs lots of mood in them. If he only made one image it would be just a fun picture. That he made more of them shows that he has something to say. Thatīs art. That some people are offended by them tells more about the people that are offended than of the artist.

No boundries...accept all!!!

hellblade
04-28-2002, 09:27 PM
"ONO ITS OFFENSIVE MY EYES ahHHH"
Gimme a break, it's cool art, very original. And if you think sexually-inspired art is wrong, read some Freud , you might learn something about yourself. That's all I gotta say, thx.

diazgl
04-29-2002, 01:27 AM
well, It would be fun to see one of these things as a metal sculpture (but only ONE)

Ed Lee
04-29-2002, 02:49 AM
I don't find the images all that offensive...I think it's lyrical, sensitive and quite unique - and very ingenous.... Ed--

www.edleeart.com

Setherial
04-29-2002, 12:29 PM
that's the funniest thing I've seen in long !
with the first 3 I was like WTF, and then you start getting used to the pattern forming and it going on and on makes it hilarious !!

love you're work man, cheers

Jhonus
04-29-2002, 02:12 PM
my lord. you spend all this time making a 3D model only to find you want to see it in real-life. :D

diazgl: I don't think you could make just ONE as a sculpture, they kinda fit all together as a sequence. I guess they would fill a whole gallery if they were built nice and big as they would deserve to be ;)

prototype09
04-29-2002, 04:12 PM
I find it very interesting that people are so easily offended by sexually oriented material and so indifferent to war and violence.

we are all sexual creatures.. unless you are a genetic experiment. So deal with it

I love these series of pictures

Dis
04-29-2002, 06:26 PM
i dont like these.. i dont feel offended though. i just dont like them. :shrug:
whats the point behind making those images ?

arkitus
04-29-2002, 06:35 PM
i dont like these.. i dont feel offended though. i just dont like them.

me too!

MadHatter
04-29-2002, 07:35 PM
haha...thats pretty funny...but i don't think it's any more perverted than people giving their female models massive breasts and ridiculous proportions. This guy's work is much more elegant and original, that's for sure. I could definitely see this kind of stuff in an art exhibit.

rondo
04-29-2002, 09:07 PM
I dont think its perverted at all. It's very elegantly done. A definite style throughout the pieces. Sure it's suggestive - but what's wrong with that?

I agree MadHatter - I have seen much more pronographic models done. Skimpy outfits, gigantic breasts, etc.... but who's to say that either is offensive. I mean ... look at this smiley - :airguitar he could be suggestive!!!

XanBob
04-29-2002, 09:09 PM
WELL PUT RONDO :applause:

-XANBOB:thumbsup:

Vinsoviet
04-30-2002, 01:27 AM
Art is realized self expression; a form of communication. Whether or not it offends people is irrelevant. **** being politically correct, personal artwork should never be tainted by politics.

You have a message, you've delivered it, and people have reacted. Thats the point. Well done.

To me the subject matter is funny and the style is cool. I'd like to see other models used in that style. In-other-words what else you got?

For those of you who rip on art based on sex; what the hell are you? Sexuality is one of the strongest of human drives, (or animal drives for that matter) deny that, and deny yourself..... or uh.... you could be an asexual organism, in which case, heh, sorry. People love Stahlberg's work, tell me its not based on sex.

Good job bud. Keep pushing people to their limits.:buttrock:

Korgath
05-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Some gotta a complex... :p

Very nice work, it's expressing something, a quality not all pieces of artwork do.

JosephMclamb
05-02-2002, 09:34 PM
definetely interesting stuff. A nice change to all the normal sci fi, fantasy type stuff.... As to the whole offensive issue, come on guys, clearly this is of artistic value, and stuff.....hu hu fishing rod.....hu hu

Damien B
05-03-2002, 06:22 AM
im wondeing what are those loooong things supposed to be (i hope its not what i think it is ):surprised :hmm: :shrug: :annoyed:

Damien B
05-03-2002, 06:26 AM
:hmm: Please ezplain to us what the hell those things are:annoyed: :hmm: :surprised: :shrug: :annoyed: :hmm: :shrug::eek: :eek:

Jhonus
05-03-2002, 07:13 AM
maybe it would be best for you to think its a fishing rod.

of course theres always another interpretation.

Hexodam
05-03-2002, 07:25 AM
I love it, simple and elegant.:applause: :applause: :applause:

jason-slab
05-03-2002, 10:06 AM
original! can't complain:)

-JT-
05-03-2002, 03:36 PM
Quite fun !! :thumbsup:

TylerHunter
05-04-2002, 09:20 AM
tehehehe.. those be funny.. me's likes..

Im bookmarking it... thnx..

Tyler

FBMachine
05-04-2002, 10:18 AM
It's actually pretty funny, but I don't see why it's getting this much attention, good or bad. :shrug: I definetly was laughing, but by the time I got to maybe the tenth pic, the repetative nature of it made me bored. Pretty funny though.
Dan

phoenix
05-04-2002, 02:46 PM
very nice.....and different....

impressed.....:airguitar :airguitar

Calle
05-05-2002, 03:42 AM
nice, artistic and very original.

vizion
05-05-2002, 08:23 AM
don't really like them..just too simple, n not even that original...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.