PDA

View Full Version : SSS Lightmap

IZZE
10-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I guess I do not understand Lightmaps well enough. Is there a way to exempt a light from the lightmap calculation in the SSS compound? I have two lights behind my object, and setting one light to Exclusive and adding the SSS obj to the Associated list does not exempt it from adding to the backscatter. I cannot think of where I can break the relation between this second light and the lightmap. Thanks in advance for any help.

IZZE
10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I think I figured out something. Hopefully this will help others. I replaced the LM Write Shader in the compound with the SJ SSS V2 Lightmap. Using LM_Sample_Mix_Shader output into Ambient on the Lightmap. Now the Associated models work on the lights as well as going into the compound and using the light list on the SJ Lightmap. I kicked off some renders of the difference between the two configurations. I am just getting into this stuff so if I am making a mistake, or could be doing this differently, please someone let me know. Cheers.

Christopher

http://www.thebluepiggallery.com/chris/forums/101.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.