PDA

View Full Version : [Animation] Demoreel

pigbelly
06-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Hi!

I have put together a Demo Reel with stuff that I have done in the past!
I'm looking for feedback on the overall feel of the demo, not necessarily the animations themselves, though it will be appreciated :-)

Is it to long, to short, are the animations in the right order should I take away a animation..and so on!

the link(Divx5):
http://www.pigbelly.com/demoreel.htm

thanks
/Tommie
www.pigbelly.com

Chagidiel
06-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Shortly put: Rocking work!

As a demoreel it might be somewhat unorthodox. It is rather slow... but I can´t tell if that should make it bad in any way since it is very enjoying to view all through!
Personally I like the style and very much dig the choice of music.

lildragon
06-08-2003, 12:29 AM
You have bandwith to spare? :)

-lild

pigbelly
06-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Well.....I did :-))))

still got a few gigs left..

/Tommie

lildragon
06-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by pigbelly
Well.....I did :-))))

still got a few gigs left..

/Tommie

well let's hope it lasts ;) [plugged] great reel man, I've always loved your sense of style for animation and that Droid fight is still one of my favs, as for the ballon blow up segment, pure class :thumbsup: makes me wonder how you did it so well heheh Congrats on the new gig also, well deserved I'm sure ;)

salud

pigbelly
06-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Thanks man!!!

And back at you, for your dedication to this forum and foremost the 3D festival.
I where there and really enjoyed myself..

I saw you drooling on the weta guys, I would have said hello but I was stuck in my own pool of drool..:-)

/Tommie

Mechis
06-08-2003, 01:01 AM
That was a pretty sweet demo-reel. It's different than many other demo reels that I've seen. You seem to have longer clips than most reels, but I liked that because it let me get a really good look at what you were doing! Awesome

One note though- the big animation file stops on me during the first animation section (the guy saying "MOO"). The smaller file plays perfectly though.

pigbelly
06-08-2003, 01:05 AM
Hmmm...You are absolutely right!!
I will fix that right away!!

Thanks
/Tommie

SheepFactory
06-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Tommie you rock :beer:

Its great to see your other animations too , the robot one was one of my all time favorites.

Hexodam
06-08-2003, 01:15 AM
:buttrock:
whats, funny is that I have seen about half of the reel already :P just by looking at the forum.

loved the blow up machine :D

ilka
06-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Cant download Big (demoreel2003_big.avi)

Both of them are the same size

But Iam still going to download it ;)

pigbelly
06-08-2003, 02:00 AM
hehe!!

The big one is up and running :-))

sorry for the glitch!
/Tommie

CGmonkey
06-08-2003, 02:09 AM
I actually think I've seen this some time ago.. Awesome job nevertheless..

Hey man, are you seeking a job ? :) I thought you'd been hired by DICE, or.. did you get hired by the Norrköping department? :shrug:

You rock! :)

ceql
06-08-2003, 02:40 AM
Wow, great work!! :applause: The robot scene is my fav too! :D

AlexAlvarez
06-08-2003, 03:25 AM
Heh... I was in a kinda crummy mood (headache), but seeing that made me smile.. and I'm still grinning.

Good stuff. :)

And I didn't find it slow... I found it cool.

A.

KolbyJukes
06-08-2003, 03:39 AM
That's a great reel, very funny and some great animations. I especially like how you featured the models on the robot turntable, the inflated arm got a huge laugh, the leg an even bigger one, the dick was just too much (in a good way) :buttrock:!

Nice job.

-Kol.

GavinG
06-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Wicked!
The inflatable cock is definetly worth a chuckle :buttrock:

secretasianman
06-08-2003, 05:41 AM
always the cock with you huh gav?:p (jk)

dude the only thing that has to be said is that it was freaking awsome.

nothing more, nothing less.:D

Berserker
06-08-2003, 06:13 AM
I really liked the robot scene, great acting and poses!

The final walk cycles, with the camera rotating around them, made me dizzy... it could be all the coffee im drinking...
i think an employer thats just watched 50 demo reels will probly fast forward something like that.

maybe make something different like the balloon scene to display those models.

as for the pace, i didnt think it was bad at all, i was able to really see your work.

:buttrock:

GavinG
06-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by secretasianman
always the cock with you huh gav?:p (jk)

Hey, I could have said "the inflatable cock was a great gag"...i don't think that would've went over too well :P

Gav

secretasianman
06-08-2003, 06:22 AM
weird alot of penile shots are showing up lately.:surprised

GavinG
06-08-2003, 06:42 AM
*as secretasianman adds another URL to his favorites* ;)

3Dlemming
06-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Wow!

haslingerDesign
06-08-2003, 09:14 AM
Wow, very vivid, especially the mad cow disease part i like - nice expressions. And the running monster in the end...good work.

Greets&regegards

]gRe[

John Lee
06-08-2003, 09:32 AM
hey man very nice reel i love the balloons parts very orginal. Also very nice animation!

JOhn

Shademaster
06-08-2003, 09:55 AM
Hahaha! I had such a good laugh wathcing this reel! I liked everything about it, the blue dude in the beginning had cranked me up allready before the robot's where going to fight :applause:
wonderfull reel and I love that it's not traditional, makes it special eh? :beer:

pigbelly
06-08-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm very glad to hear that most of you accept the slow tempo of the reel. I was worried about that.
I wanted to give the viewer time to see what's going on!

CgMonkey:
I am working at Dice, but I never neglect my reel, it's good thing to be vigilant in this business :-)))

Alex Alvarez:
Thanks, and it's always a pleasure taking away peoples pain
I got to say Alex that you and your team and Chris Landreth and his team are two of few that really does different things in 3D. You inspire a lot of people with your creation and your workshops!

secretasianman:
What can I say; everything comes and goes :-)

3Dlemming:
Loved your comment, short and to the point :-)))

/Tommie

ee01akk2
06-08-2003, 11:25 AM
small vid stops right after opening creits. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN???

John Keates
06-08-2003, 11:50 AM
I liked it a lot. It had a great sense of character to it and it made me laugh. :)

Maybe some parts were a little long though. There is a little too much of the back of one of the characters heads at one point. Little things like that.

pigbelly
06-08-2003, 12:27 PM
ee01akk2:

Don't know!! but sometimes this happens!
It seems to work for most pepole, but I to have the same problems sometimes with Divx!

have you the lates divx driver?
I will put up a quicktime later today!

/Tommie

IDownupI
06-08-2003, 12:35 PM
what soft do you use?

Diamondfang
06-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Hi,

I am not sure whats wrong with your demo but i think someone already mentioned it to you. I downloaded both demo reels and none of them work past the moooo word. It stops right there and i can only hear the music and voices behind it after that.

Can you do something about it?
Thanks

I have put together a Demo Reel with stuff that I have done in the past!
I'm looking for feedback on the overall feel of the demo, not necessarily the animations themselves, though it will be appreciated :-)

Is it to long, to short, are the animations in the right order should I take away a animation..and so on!

the link(Divx5):
http://www.pigbelly.com/demoreel.htm

thanks
/Tommie
www.pigbelly.com [/B][/QUOTE]

ee01akk2
06-08-2003, 03:57 PM
using win media player. tried it in win DVD same thing happened. duno wat div x codec iv got. downloading it now.

ee01akk2
06-08-2003, 04:04 PM
ok it worked with divx player. sory:hmm:

stephen2002
06-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Good work overall. I agree that the spinning walk cycles make you dizzy. I think it is because you can see the walls of the room, you focus on them instead of just the character.

The ballon mashine was a good and different way to show off some models. Seeing the arm come out was funny, seeing the leg come out was even more funny.

Fitharn
06-08-2003, 04:43 PM
Waaaah great. Very humouristic.

UnlikelyCorny
06-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Great stuff, I like the animation at the beginning; the character that walks on his hands. That must have been so much work. How do you start such an animation?

Whyyyd
06-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Really nice demoreel.

Saw on your homepage that you went to Borgarskolan. I just want to tell you that I'm gonna graduate from there i five days. :)

And congrats to your Dice job! :thumbsup:

RedSilas
06-08-2003, 10:23 PM
The reel's flow was great. I really like the clip transitions. The balloon idea was a great touch! Nice job! <><

stzaske
06-09-2003, 12:49 AM
I too could not view either clip after the "Moo". I tried both the MS Media player and the Divx player.

-=STZ=-

Freij
06-09-2003, 04:05 AM
Great work! :applause: and a really nice reel!

No need for changes, it's a great piece!
:thumbsup:

Kubik
06-09-2003, 09:06 AM
This is just great work!!!!!

pigbelly
06-09-2003, 04:08 PM
IdownupI:
I used Maya 4.5 for this, the heads were done in Max!

UnlikelyCorny:
Well it was more work then I first thought! The reason I did it was that I hadn’t seen any handstand animations.

Max Tiderman:
Cool…I liked Borgarskolan..
Lycklig avslutning!!!

Freij:
Nice to see you on CG-talk Freij:-)))

To all of you how can’t see the reel I’m sorry I don’t know why it works for some but not for all, just make sure you have the latest Divx driver that’s the only tip I have..
I will put up some QuickTime versions later!!

/Tommie

reetika
06-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Really nice reel.

GrantMan
06-09-2003, 08:21 PM
I really appreciated a slowered pace reel. Most the time images flash so quickly it's hard to appreciate the work that was done. You did an excellent job on the animation and modeling. The handstand guy cracked me up. Keep up the good work!

:applause:

Copy and paste
06-09-2003, 09:52 PM
COOL REEL......GUD WORK!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.