PDA

View Full Version : Object particles(dont know what the good subject be)

sachinjoshi
09-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi,

it goes like this.

A pyramid as an emitter . Locked on emitter as volume. when collison they disperse. Till this I get the right effect. but the particles which are not touched by the collision should fall down after few frames as if they are attached with each other. Right now, All my particles are dispersed through sdeflector. I want some of my object particles attached with each other. and fell down.

I tried with rigid body simulation where i break the objects into few pieces and simulate through reactor. and emit from those fragments. And same thing collison with sdeflector., particles dispersed.

Basically i am trying to break an indian sweet called "Laddo" , if you know what i mean, while my character lifts it with his fingers up in the air ... A laddo is a semi solid form of delicacy and is eaten by the famous indian god Ganesha. The ladoo must fall from the character's hand giving it the description of the laddo as described above.

help.

help

JonathanFreisler
09-29-2008, 02:06 PM
look into rayfire, it has some pretty powerful fracturing and imo, thats what i would use. But if you haven't used it before it can be a bit daunting.

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2008, 02:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.