PDA

View Full Version : My first post

lovelysala
09-29-2008, 09:32 AM
It's my first post here,I know I am not good at it,but its really my interest!cheers :D
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/lovelysala/IMG_1649f.jpg

CybrGfx
09-29-2008, 06:19 PM
It's my first post here,I know I am not good at it,but its really my interest!cheers :D
What is the "it" you are not good at, and what is the "it" that is really your interest?
What IS this image supposed to be? It looks like a face with blue hair fading into a striped blue background.

It's hard to say if it is good or not, but if this is the "it" that is really your interest, good for you! Enjoy!

~C

lovelysala
09-29-2008, 06:38 PM
sorry~it means "drawing pictures", the face is the one I draw, and then put into blue background by photoshop.

TrenchcoatPixie
09-30-2008, 12:25 AM
But...this is a photograph, of the photographer, taken at arm's length. And you've washed out all the details and made it blue, and put it on a background that seems to consist of the use of the 'clouds' filter, some square brush, and what might be a photograph of some weeds...? I can't really tell. But it's not a drawing.

If you post some images of this in-progress, and it IS actually painted, I will eat my words and apologize (it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong about something I've been dead sure of). But...I'm dead sure of it.

Don't try to lie to us. If you want to get into photomanipulation, godspeed, there's nothing wrong with photomanipulation. It can be a jumping off point into painting, even. I'd be happy to offer some critique for a manipulation. Just...please don't try to lie to us.

It's a freakin' forum for people who are into computer graphics, do you think we can't tell...?

CybrGfx
09-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Sala, as you may have gathered by Trenchcoat Pixie, photomanipulation is not the same as drawing.

That is not to say that photomanipulations cannot be used to create beautiful and evocative images and illustrations, just that you will not find much of an audience for simple cut and paste effects with some filters and color adjustments. About the only thing you could have done worse would have been to add a lens flare and a page curl effect to this image.

Generally, the images posted here are created to tell a story, hopefully one that the viewer can grasp just by looking at the image.

This piece tells no story, sets no mood. That is why it is not very effective. It is just a face with blue hair on a striped background. The viewer cannot grasp the story you are trying to tell (if there is any story to this piece).

~C

lovelysala
09-30-2008, 09:14 AM
sorry, I am not propose to lie, I am not good at English, so I can not express myself properly, It is based on a photo, but I make the face too white ,so I "draw" the details(because my ps version is not in English,so I really don,t know which words should I pick without "draw". And the initial photo is totally different . I think I should post it in photoshop forum or something like that. Sorry again :cry: , thanks for you advices.

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2008, 09:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.