PDA

View Full Version : Referencing dynamic expression

musi
09-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Hi,

I am using a dynamic expression to control per particle goals in my tail setup, generated by a mel script. I need that expression, because I want my animators to have access to animatable per particle goals.

It works perfectly well before I start referencing my character to another scene. The problem is, that names of objects used in dynamic expressions are not updating, and it is a known Maya limitation. So I thought, if my expression could find the namespace corresponding to it, I could use it in constructing the names in the particle calls - the part of expression that not auto updating names.

Question is - how can I get my expression to find the corresponding to it namespace on the reference load? If I could only get the self name of expression!

I don't know if there is a solution to this problem... May be there is another way of solving this then getting the namespace? May be there is another way of controlling per particle goals by user defined attributes?
Any suggestions, guesses and thoughts are very much appreciated!!!

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2008, 08:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.