PDA

View Full Version : Candle SSS Test

dude5487
09-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Hello All,

I am wanting to get more familiar with SSS work flow in Maya so I decided to create lit candle. I don't have a flame right now because I am not concerned with that I am concerned with just the appearance of a flame and getting the SSS effect down to where its realistic.

So to the point I am having trouble with this. The trouble I am having is i put the Volume light inside of my candle geometry towards the top. When I make my renders I am getting the appearance that between the outside of the candle and the inside it is hollow. Obviously candles arent hollow they are wax all the way through so this doesnt look right.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this. I have attached the current render, images of my light and SSS shader settings as well as the actual Maya scene file.

Please let me know if any of you have any suggestions about this issue.

Thank you much in advance.

demoniorojo
09-29-2008, 01:02 PM
I think that the front sss color coul be more like yellow..., some reference example from google:
http://www.freefoto.com/images/05/04/05_04_51---Candle_web.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2008, 01:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.